Egyptian Space Agency (EgSA) Educational Satellite Program Summer Training 2021 for University & High Institutes’ Students
Egyptian Space Agency (EgSA) invites interested participants from all the Egyptian universities and high institutes to participate in the Egyptian Universities Training Satellite (EUTS) Project.
Application Deadline: 10th July 2021
About the Award: The objectives of this summer training are to provide a good background about space technologies and satellite systems, be familiar with space terminologies and SW packages used in the field of satellites and their ground stations, in addition to preparing students to join the Egyptian Universities Satellite Project (EUTS) by execution of graduation projects related to space technology during the next year.
The summer training divided into two parts:
First, the theoretical part consists of more than 25 lectures that will provide all the needed baseline of space knowledge concerning: space environment, satellite thermal control, etc.
Second, the practical part where students will use their knowledge and skills gained during their study life and the space knowledge gained during the theoretical training to develop satellite sub-modules (hardware and software).
Eligibility: Undergraduate students from faculties of Engineering (communication, electronics, power, software engineering, control, aerospace, mechanical and mechatronics departments), and from faculties of Science (departments related to space and its physics), and teaching assistances from both faculties of engineering and faculties science can register to the ESP to join either Summer training 2020 or Participating in the Egyptian Universities Satellite (EUS) Project (2020-2021).
Eligible Countries: Egypt
To be Taken at (Country): Egypt
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: There are no registration fees.
- Prepare students for the next year’s graduation project, and select the groups that could participate in the Egyptian Universities Training Satellite (EUTS) Projects during the graduation year (2021-2022)
- Measure how much each university can develop the next graduation project, define the weakness and strength points of each university, and identify which category of subsystems each univOthers
- Theoretical training consists of more than 25 lectures, these lectures will give all participants the needed baseline of space knowledge.
Duration of Award: From 1 month to 6 months (Summer training 2021 (from 1 Aug. 2021 to 15 Sep. 2021) Consists of 2 Parts: Theoretical part (Three-weeks duration), and Practical part (four weeks duration).)
How to Apply:
- Application Form
- The required data for applying as an individiual or group: National ID, phone number (preferably a whatsapp user), GPA, and full name. When applying as a group, all data is filled out by the group leader and at least four participants other than the admin must be entered, and the previous data is required for each member of the group.
- An approved letter from the college requesting training for each group. The letter includes a statement that vertifies the validity of the applicant’s data, and it shall be in the name of Prof. Dr.\ CEO of the Egyptian Space Agency.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.