1000 Girls, 1000 Futures 2021 for Young Women in STEM – New York Academy of Sciences (NYAS)
Applications for the 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures 2021 are now open.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2021
About the Award: The New York Academy of Sciences invites young women ages 13-17 around the world to join 1000 Girls 1000 Futures to receive mentorship from female STEM experts, gain access to college readiness and leadership coursework, and network with other girls passionate about STEM!
1000 Girls 1000 Futures empowers young women to learn independently and work collaboratively on Launchpad, the Academy’s unique online learning platform. On Launchpad, students complete the coursework at their own pace and apply their skills to work on different projects with their peers. Mentors are available to guide students throughout the program, from navigating the college application process to setting career goals.
1000 Girls, 1000 Futures is a groundbreaking initiative designed to engage young women interested in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), and advance their pursuit of STEM careers through mentoring and 21st-century skills development.
Eligibility: 1000 Girls 1000 Futures participants are enthusiastic learners with a passion for science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
- Age: 13–17 years old.
- Location: Anywhere in the world.
- Language: All program content and communication on the platform is in English, and a strong level of English proficiency is required. Students’ English proficiency will be assessed during the application process.
- Materials: 1000 Girls 1000 Futures is a virtual program. To participate, students must have access to at least one communication device, such as a smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer, with an internet connection.
- Time Commitment: Students will complete at least two self-paced learning modules during the program year, from September to May. Each module usually requires three to fours each week to complete.
- Cost: None. 1000 Girls 1000 Futures is completely free for participating students.
Selection Criteria: Women are changing the world of STEM for the better, which is why the Academy is looking for passionate girls like you to learn from women in STEM. Even if you don’t know what your next steps are, our mentor network can help you realize your potentials and achieve your goals.
Eligible Countries: Any
Number of Awards: 1000
Value of Award: Give yourself an edge by connecting with professional women who have walked the path and can guide you to excel in STEM!
How to Apply: To build a safe and enriching community of young women, we take the application process very seriously. Each year, we receive thousands of applications from all over the world. Every application undergoes a rigorous review to ensure students with the most potential are offered the opportunity to join 1000 Girls 1000 Futures.
How Do I Apply?
To start and complete the online application, you’ll need to:
- Provide your background information.
- Respond to essay questions.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.