Eastern Africa Network for Bioinformatics Training (EANBiT) Masters Scholarships 2021/2022 for East African Students
The Eastern Africa Network for Bioinformatics Training (EANBiT) is offering 12 fellowship positions for an MSc. in Bioinformatics (at Pwani University, Kenya and Makerere University, Uganda). The fellowships are to cover a maximum of two years of study, including both course work and the thesis work.
Application Deadline: 2nd June 2021
Eligible Countries: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania only.
To be taken at (country): Pwani University, Kenya and Makerere University, Uganda)
About the Award: To develop a critical mass of research leaders in any subject requires a large starting pool of high quality trainees at the early stage of the training pipeline and the support to enhance their progression in their careers. EANBiT aims to develop a critical mass of practitioners in this region who can develop and utilize Bioinformatics approaches to Biosciences. The focus over the 5-year period of this phase of the project is to enhance bioinformatics training at Masters level and increase the size and quality of the pool of potential PhD students and researchers.
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae including any relevant research work and experience.
- A one-page letter of motivation explaining why one wants to pursue an Msc. in Bioinformatics.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and degree certificate.
- Contacts of at least two referees.
- The EANBiT fellowships are open to nationals of Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania only.
- Applicants must be under 35 years.
- Applicants must meet each of the separate university admission requirements for the MSc degree.
Number of Awards: 12
Value of Award: The network will provide full scholarships for MSc Fellows in the 2020 academic year and will cover the following:
- Tuition fees for the entire course.
- Basic medical and accident insurance.
- A monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses for two years, subject to progress reviews.
- Reasonable support for the MSc research project and supervision.
- Attachment to a research institution in the network to host the MSc student in the second year for project work
- Sponsorship to attend a 5-week Residential Training Course on Bioinformatics organized by the network at the end of the first year of course work.
Duration of Award: 2 years
How to Apply: The application process is two-fold:
- Confirm university admission requirements and apply on the indicated website before the deadline.
- Pwani University; Kilifi, Kenya https://www.pu.ac.ke/index.php/en/academics/admissions/how-to-apply
- Makerere University; Kampala, Uganda (Deadline: 28th May 2021) https://www.mak.ac.ug/admissions
- Applicants who meet the university qualifications can proceed to apply for the scholarship here: https://redcap.icipe.org/redcap/surveys/?s=PNREDM4MRC
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
- DO NOT submit your application by email. Only applications and accompanying documents submitted online will be accepted.
- It is highly recommended that you submit your application well before the deadline, especially if you commonly experience slow Internet speeds or frequent Internet outages.
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.