Government of China Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) Academic Education Scholarships 2021 for Developing Countries
The Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China (MOFCOM) will provide “Chinese Government Scholarships” to admitted students from developing countries.
Application Deadline: 28th May 2021
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To Be Taken At (Country): China
About the Award: MOFCOM offers one-year and two-year master’s programmes as well as three-year dotoral programmes for the purpose of educating high-end and inter-disciplinary talent working in the applied fields of government, trade, foreign affairs, agriculture, technology, education, culture and health, building intellectual capacity and facilitating the economic and social development of the recipient countries.
These programmes are fully conducted in English and target governmental officials, research fellows, and senior managerial personnel.
Type: Masters, PhD (Doctoral)
- These programs provide assistance to governmental officials, research fellows, and senior managerial personnel on their master and doctor education in China, which are fully conducted in English.
- The admission requirements for a candidate include a bachelor’s degree, relevant working experience, and a decent physical condition, essential for the high-compact curriculum needed for the degrees.
- The graduates of such programs are now working in their specialties back home and undertaking an increasingly significant role in the economic development and cooperation between China and their home countries.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- – tuition waiver
- – teaching material fee waiver
- – research and survey fee(for group field trips, not for dissertation) waiver
- – dissertation guidance fee waiver
- – one-off resettlement fee:
- – 3000RMB (R6 594) per master student
- – 3000RMB (R6 594) per PhD student
- – campus accommodation fee waiver
- – stipend:
- 3000RMB (R6 594) per month per master student
- 3500RMB (R7 692) per month per PhD student
- – medical insurance
- – one-time round-trip international airfare for all the students
Please note: Successful scholarship applicants will have to make provision for costs and all other related expenses not covered by the scholarship.
Duration of Programme:
- Masters: one-year and two-year master programs
- Doctoral: three-year doctoral programs
How to Apply:
- – Complete the Chinese Government online application on https://www.china-aibo.cn/EN/.
- – Select the programme “Chinese Government Scholarship”, fill in all the required information, and an application form will be generated.
- – Submit all application documents with supporting documents listed below to the identified University by 28 May 2021.
- – Applicants MUST submit a signed letter of recommendation from your department/employer with the scholarship application documents to the DHET ([email protected]) and the Economic and Commercial Office of the Chinese Embassy in SA ([email protected]) by Friday, 28 May 2021.
Application documents to include:
- – Application form with a 2-inch photo and the applicant’s signature
- – Personal statement of research (A minimum of 500 words in English)
- – Copies of bachelor’s degree certificate(s) and academic transcript(s)
- – Two recommendation letters from the applicant’s employers and/or professors. Telephone numbers and email addresses of the referees must be included in the letters
- – Employment verification
- – English proficiency certificates
- – Copy of the passport page of personal information (ordinary passport for private affairs only)
- – Copy of private passport: a photocopy of the photo of the passport, clearly showing the name, passport number and other information. Do not submit your application using a diplomatic passport or an official passport
- – Copy of language level certificate: for non-English speaking countries only, applicants’ recent TOEFL, GRE and other level test requirements
- – 2 pieces of 2-inch recent photos in white background
- – Health Form: health examination form within one month identifying that the applicant has no infectious disease or a disability that affects his or her major or other diseases that the Chinese border agency does not allow
- – Signed letter of recommendation from your employer.
All documents must be scanned in the order above as one document.
Award Providers: Government of China Ministry of Commerce