Government of China MOFCOM Scholarship 2022 for Developing Countries (Masters & PhD)
Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) of People’s Republic of China of offering the MOFCOM Scholarship for Masters and PhD degrees to develop talents from developing countries.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2022
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Field of Study: Each applicant can choose one same major in three universities out of the 26 designated universities as their desired option.
About Scholarship: MOFCOM Scholarship is set up by Ministry of Commerce of People’s Republic of China to further strengthen the communication and cooperation between China and other countries as well as to develop talents for developing countries. Starting from 2015, MOFCOM Scholarship mainly sponsors the young and the middle-aged talents from recipient countries to pursue their postgraduate degree education in China and entrusts China Scholarship Council to administer the Scholarship.
Offered Since: 2015
Type: Masters and PhD Scholarships
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must:
- -be a citizen of a developing country other than the People’s Republic of China, and under the age of 45 (born after September 1, 1974);
- -be healthy physically and mentally with a physical examination report issued by a local public hospital, and not having any disease or situation listed below:
- a) Diseases prohibited by Chinese Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations
- b) Other severe chronic diseases like high blood pressure, cardio-cerebrovascular disease, diabetes; psychological diseases; or other infectious diseases which may harm public health
- c) In recovery period after major surgery or acute disease attacks
- d) Severe physically challenged
- e) Pregnancy
- -with at least three years’ working experience;
- -be a bachelor’s degree holder when applying for master’s program & be a master’s degree holder when applying for doctoral program;
- -be incumbents with a relevant educational background or working experience to the applied program are preferred;
- -be public officials of division level and above (or corresponding level) in government sectors, or senior management staff of organizations and enterprises, or academic backbones of universities and research institutions;
- -be sufficient in English which meets the academic requirements of the program, be equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80 and above level;
- -be with the potential of professional development, and is committed to promoting the friendly exchanges and cooperation between the host country and China;
- -be neither studying in China nor being admitted to other scholarship programs provided by Chinese government.
Number of Scholarships: several
Value of Scholarship:
- Students are exempt from tuition fee, teaching material fee, research and survey fee, allowance of English-taught program, dissertation guidance fee;
- Free on-campus accommodation;
- Monthly stipend:
- 36000RMB per year per master student,
- 42000RMB per year per PhD student;
- One-off resettlement fee: 3000RMB per person;
- Free medical insurance for international students;
- One-time round-trip international airfare for all the students (First time fly to China after enrollment, and Fly back to home country while graduation), and a maximum of “n-1” (“n” is for the length of schooling year which is set while the student was enrolled by the program, “n” is less than or equal to three) round-trip international airfares for home visits (one time per year set at the end of an academic year);
- The annual review is compulsory for all students. Those who pass the review may continue to enjoy full scholarships in the next year.
- Other expenses shall be managed and used by the Ministry of Commerce or the universities as a whole, and shall not be distributed to students. The Ministry of Commerce only provides students with financial assistance within their enrolled academic duration. Students who postpone their graduation will not receive the continuing sponsorship.
Duration of Scholarship: MOFCOM Scholarship supports Master’s program for 2-3 years or PhD program for 3 years. Scholarship winners must register for English-taught program.
Eligible Countries: developing countries
To be taken at (country): Each applicant can choose one same major in three universities out of the 26 designated universities as their desired option. CSC will place each applicant in one university only based on their desired option and universities’ requirements.
Application Requirement (in Chinese or English)
- Application Form for MOFCOM Scholarship;
- Photocopy of highest diploma;
- Photocopy of academic transcripts;
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal with a minimum of 400 words;
Two recommendation letters, including one from current employer and one from academic perspective;
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form;
Photocopy of the English proficiency certificate;
Photocopy of a valid passport.
How to Apply:
- Application Form for MOFCOM Scholarship
- Ensure you have both submitted it online and printed the hard copy via www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or www.campuschina.org
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details to apply