Siemens Africa Smart Cities Innovation Programme (SCIP) 2021 for African Tech Startups
SCIP is a 6-month accelerator supporting tech start-ups from Rwanda and other African countries in the fields of Smart Mobility, Smart Housing and Fintech for Affordability.
Application Deadline: 9th May 2021
About the Award: SCIP is a remote programme with events (bootcamp and demodays) happening in Rwanda in September, depending on the Covid situation.
Eligibility: SCIP aims at accelerating start-ups which have
- Operations in one or more African countries
- Innovative Smart City solutions (Smart Mobility, Smart Housing, Fintech)
- Launched their product or service and have customers
- Growth and job creation potential
- Social and/or environmental impact
- A strong and motivated team
You can find the criteria definitions in the FAQ.
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Access a network of international partners: Start-ups will be linked to international business partners, public institutions and investors.
- Get support from dedicated mentors: Start-ups will be advised by a sector specific mentor and business development mentor.
- Receive training tailored to your needs: Start-ups will receive trainings based on their identified needs, not a predefined curriculum.
- Learn from peers in your sector: Start-ups will exchange with their cohort peers in the mobility, housing or fintech sector.
Duration of Award: SCIP will start in June and end in December 2021.
How to Apply: To apply to the Smart Cities Innovation Programme, please fill in the application form below before the 9th of May. If your application is selected, you will be invited to provide further information about your business and participate in an interview.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.