BeyGOOD Global Citizen Fellowship Program 2021 for Young Nigerians & South Africans (Fully-funded)
Powered by BeyGOOD, the Global Citizen Fellowship Program will unearth African youth with remarkable potential. Through the program,15 young people will each engage in a paid, year-long fellowship aligned to one of Global Citizen’s four pillars of activity: creative, campaigns, rewards and marketing.
Application Deadline: 21st May 2021.
Eligible Countries: South Africa & Nigeria
About the Award: This dynamic Program will take Fellows through a five-phase curriculum, specifically designed to equip them with the skills and tools they need to thrive –– not just during their time with Global Citizen but also in any future professional environment.
Throughout the Program, Fellows will be immersed in the use of digital technology for social change, storytelling tactics that shift attitudes, the importance of building lasting professional relationships, and the role of innovation in a constantly changing world.
Four Fellows (based on merit) will travel to New York City in September 2019 to experience Global Citizen’s annual festival in Central Park. The fellows will spend seven days with different teams and departments, while meeting influential people –– all of which will advance their growing skill sets.
- Ages 21-25 (by time of application).
- South African and Nigerian residents and citizens only.
- Applicants without a tertiary qualification preferred.
- Applicants should be able to prove that they are active Global Citizens, either through the work they do in their communities or through Global Citizen’s website and/or app (Google Play Store OR App Store)
- Applicants should be available full-time from 05th July 2021-30 June 2022
- Family household income of under R120 000/3055563 Naira, and/or families that are headed by a single parent.
- Applicants must be able to house themselves in Johannesburg and Lagos for the duration of the program.
- Those from minority and underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: 15
Value of Award: The Fellowship Program involves educational travel trips which include:
- Round trip airfare from Johannesburg to Cape Town (June 2019).
- All trip-related meals.
- All trip related lodging and transportation.
In order to be eligible for educational travel:
- Applicants should be available to attend 90% of learning sessions in Johannesburg.
- Applicants should attend all training sessions pre- and post trips.
Duration of Programme: 1 year
How to apply:
Submit a 2-3 minute video or 500-700 word essay answering the following:
- How do you identify with BeyGOOD as a Global Citizen?
- How would becoming a Fellow assist you to positively impact your country?
- What specific issues are you taking action on and why?
Send your applications to us via email: [email protected]