BeyGOOD Global Citizen Fellowship Program 2019 for Young South Africans (Fully-funded)
Powered by BeyGOOD, the Global Citizen Fellowship Program will unearth African youth with remarkable potential. Through the program, 10-15 young people will each engage in a paid, year-long fellowship aligned to one of Global Citizen’s four pillars of activity: creative, campaigns, rewards and marketing.
Application Deadline: 29th March 2019, at midnight.
Eligible Countries: South Africa
About the Award: This dynamic Program will take Fellows through a five-phase curriculum, specifically designed to equip them with the skills and tools they need to thrive –– not just during their time with Global Citizen but also in any future professional environment.
Throughout the Program, Fellows will be immersed in the use of digital technology for social change, storytelling tactics that shift attitudes, the importance of building lasting professional relationships, and the role of innovation in a constantly changing world.
Four Fellows (based on merit) will travel to New York City in September 2019 to experience Global Citizen’s annual festival in Central Park. The fellows will spend seven days with different teams and departments, while meeting influential people –– all of which will advance their growing skill sets.
- Ages 18-28 (by time of application).
- South African citizens and permanent residents only.
- Applicants should have a matric qualification at a minimum.
- Applicants should be able to prove that they are active Global Citizens, either through the work they do in their communities or through Global Citizen’s website and/or app (Google Play StoreOR App Store).
- Applicants should be available full-time from 1 May 2019 – 30 April 2020.
- Family household income of under R120 000, and/or families that are headed by a single parent.
- Those from minority and underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Number of Awards: 10-15
Value of Award: The Fellowship Program involves educational travel trips which include:
- Round trip airfare from Johannesburg to Cape Town (June 2019).
- All trip-related meals.
- All trip related lodging and transportation.
In order to be eligible for educational travel:
- Applicants should be available to attend 90% of learning sessions in Johannesburg.
- Applicants should attend all training sessions pre- and post trips.
Duration of Programme: 1 year
How to Apply: All applicants are required to answer the following questions:
- How do you identify with BeyGOOD as a Global Citizen?
- How would becoming a fellow assist you to positively impact your country?
- What specific issues are you taking action on and why?
How to apply:
- Applicants can choose between submitting 2-3-minute videos of themselves which can either be emailed to [email protected] or sent via WhatsApp to +27 63 639 1122.
- Those who prefer writing can submit a 500-700 word written response.
- Please attach a copy of your valid South African ID or passport (including the relevant visa).
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Best Places To Study Abroad If…
Don’t Take This Common Advice If…
7 Lessons from the 2020 Pandemic and Economic Threat