UNDP Intern for Africa Finance Sector Hub 2021 – Call for Applications
The Africa FSH is looking for an Intern to provide administrative and technical support to the private sector development and engagement team of the Hub.
Application Deadline: 6th April 2021
About the Award: The Africa FSH as a pool of finance and private sector experts in Africa covers activities implemented at regional and country level aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Africa Union Agenda 2063. The hub builds on and consolidates some of the initiatives being implemented since 2010 by the RSCA Private Sector Unit. These include the establishment of the African Inclusive Market Excellence Centre (AIMEC), inclusive business ecosystem building initiatives, impact investment, regional value chain development, agribusiness supplier development programme (ASDP). The FSH team collaborates closely with the broader UNDP family, the Global Policy Network, Regional Hubs in Africa and other units to establish linkages between these cross-cutting principles and programme achievements towards the broader SDGs Implementation.
- Draft, review and edit concepts notes, knowledge products and presentations
- Support the private sector team in its effort to design innovative SDGs aligned business models and related e-commerce solutions.
- Prepare, participate in meetings, and perform other Programme implementation support tasks as required
Knowledge Management and Communication
- Prepare communications and marketing materials (brochure, newsletter, success stories etc.)
- Assist in the dissemination of Knowledge Products and marketing materials
- Draft, design and website update and overhaul
Research and Data Management
- Research private sector development and engagement topics and opportunities at the national and regional level projects especially related to AfCTA opportunities
- Undertake research on e-commerce innovative business models and related donor initiatives
- Manage files and online database of related documents in a structured way
- Currently enrolled in (a) a graduate school programme as a full-time student in economics, development finance and related fields or ( (b) the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent), or (c) have graduated with a university degree as defined in above and, if selected must start the internship within one year of graduation
- Understanding of Private Sector Development and Engagement Concepts and Practices would be beneficial.
- Work experience considered as an asset especially in business development data driven management in e-commerce solutions
Technical / Functional Competencies:
- Good writing and researching skills.
- Strong analytical aptitude, communication and presentation skills.
- Good organizational, time management and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to details and proven ability to work independently and effectively.
- Experience in website content management
- Computer proficiency: MS Office
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to receive / integrate feedback.
- Works collaboratively with team members by sharing information openly and displaying cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external partners.
- Positive, self-motivated and results driven individual.
To be Taken at (Country): Pretoria, SOUTH AFRICA
Number of Awards: Not specified
Duration of Award: 3-6 months
How to Apply: APPLY NOW
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.