Siemens Stiftung E-Mobility Innovation Call 2021: “Electric Mobility Made in Africa for Africa”
The E-Mobility Innovation Call 2021 is a jump start for African entrepreneurs with innovative e-mobility solutions and circular economy approaches.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2021
About the Award: Siemens Stiftung is launching its first open, competitive E-Mobility Innovation Call “Electric Mobility Made in Africa for Africa,” which emphasizes innovative technical solutions and circular economy approaches. The pre-seed funding is intended to jump start visionary African entrepreneurs, start-ups, and social ventures that are developing innovative e-mobility solutions in manufacturing, exploring innovative business models and creating mobility services (such as apps or delivery services).
The foundation is seeking applications from entrepreneurs headquartered in Africa who are pursuing the uptake and mainstreaming of e-mobility in Africa – both companies that are already generating revenue and companies in the earliest stages of development are encouraged to apply. A high representation of female employees on staff is relevant.
Eligible Field(s): The E-Mobility Innovation Call 2021 emphasizes four areas of Siemens Stiftung’s Electric Mobility and Circular Economy Program:
• Charging, batteries, and the circular economy
• Business development
• Services (apps, customer engagement, delivery services)
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Registered and operating as a legal entity in Africa at the time of submission
- Business focus on application and implementation of e-mobility in the African mobility sector
- High representation of female employees on the company’s staff
- Provide financial & accounting information
- Making a contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals
- Actively support the empowerment of women
- Product and/or service from one of the focus areas from the Siemens Stiftung E-Mobility Program
Eligible Countries: African countries
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: Siemens Stiftung’s E-Mobility Innovation Call promotes the most promising, catalytic, and bankable innovations from African countries. The winners will receive a financial prize and the opportunity to
pitch their business and products to a wider audience in our webinar series:
1st prize: 50,000 EUR
2nd prize: 30,000 EUR
3rd prize: 20,000 EUR
4th prize: 10,000 EUR
5th prize: 10,000 EUR
Furthermore, Siemens Stiftung will support the winners in promoting their companies to a wider audience, reflecting the foundation’s commitment to inclusive, digital, and socio-economic growth of African entrepreneurs and social businesses in electric mobility and the circular economy.
How to Apply: Klick here to apply
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.