UNICEF Global Volunteer Internship with Generation Unlimited (GEN U) 2021
The purpose of the internship is to develop training materials and facilitate workshops around volunteer engagement for UNICEF while also supporting the team to build connections and coalitions with relevant organizations outside of UNICEF.
Application Deadline: 26th February 2021
Job no: 538107
About the Award: UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Commitment…
Millions of people all over the world support UNICEF and our cause. They raise money, they campaign and in some countries they volunteer to help children in myriad ways. There is an opportunity to build on this force for good and go to another level of engagement with a committed group of volunteer supporters. Our aim is to build a UNICEF membership cadre of millions who champion the change we need through their individual and collective commitment. A volunteer force would vastly extend UNICEF’s reach and help broaden and transform UNICEF itself.
Eligibility: To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Be enrolled in an advanced/undergraduate university degree (Master’s or higher) in public policy, social science or other relevant field.
- Have a relevant background in volunteer and public engagement work
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Country): United States
Number of Awards: Numerous
Value of Award:
Volunteers may contribute their time and experience through:
- Service activities (from building a playground, helping with language learning, to participating in emergency response) in local communities and attending signature events;
- Organizing events and volunteer activities;
- Speaking about issues for children in their communities;
- Advocacy with governments and the private sector; and
- Fundraising to support children.
As volunteers periodically take action in support of children, and come to identify with UNICEF, they will not only contribute to their communities but also contribute energy and advice to UNICEF.
Duration of Award: 2 months
How to Apply: Apply below
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.