Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Early Career Academic Grants 2021 for Developing Countries
Early Career Academic Grants are open to early career academics employed by ACU member universities, enabling them to participate in a conference held in a Commonwealth country other than their own.
Application Deadline: 16th February 2021 (Extended from 9th February)
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
About the Award: The conference to be attended must be a recognised academic conference in a field relevant to the applicant’s area of expertise in a country other than the applicant’s country of employment. Applicants must give full details of their chosen conference at the time of application.
Applications will be strengthened by the applicant providing evidence of the submission/acceptance of a paper or poster, or other communication with the conference organisers. Proof of a paper submission/acceptance or other communication must be attached to the application form.
- At the time of application, applicants must be employed in an academic (research and/or teaching) role by an ACU member institution.
- Applications are open to university staff who are less than ten years from the start of their employment in an academic role. Academic staff who have recently returned to work after a career break can also be considered: applicants to whom this criteria applies should make this clear in their application.
- Applicants must not have previously worked or attended an academic conference outside their home region.
Number of Awardees: 25
Value of Grants: The maximum amount of each grant is GBP 2,000. Grants can be used to cover travel and visa costs, conference fees, accommodation and subsistence.
Duration of Grants: The grant must be used to participate in a conference between 1 June 2021 and 31 December 2021.
- Complete an online application form by 16:00 UTC on Tuesday 16 February.
- Applicants are required to complete four short personal statements, upload their conference proposal, and attach a letter of reference from their line manager or head of department.