Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya Program (Cohort 4)
Standard Chartered in partnership with Strathmore University @iBizAfrica incubator is inviting Kenyan female entrepreneurs for its Women in Technology Incubator.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2021 at 00:00
Eligible Countries: Kenya
To be Taken at (Country): Strathmore University, Nairobi Kenya
About the Award: The Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya is Africa’s leading women in tech incubator, aligning with calls for more diversity in technology and for more opportunities for women to develop entrepreneurial and leadership excellence. The program is an initiative of Standard Chartered in partnership with Strathmore University ‘s @iBizAfrica.
The program combines world class startup support with local and international experience to provide Africa’s most competitive and attractive startup incubation program focusing on immersive learning, mentorship, building and growing Africa’s next iconic startups taking on the continent’s most relevant challenges and opportunities.
Eligibility: We are seeking to recruit the best entrepreneurial minds, women-lead startup teams leveraging on technology as a key driver of innovation in business. The applicant must:
- be a woman
- be the CEO with equal or majority ownership in the company
- 18 and above
- of Kenyan nationality
- The business must be based in Kenya i.e. be aligned with the needs of Kenyans and operating in Kenya
- The company must be a tech-enabled and/or leveraging on emerging technologies, including but not limited to; Internet of Things (IoT); Artificial Intelligence; Robotics; Augmented & Virtual Reality; 3D & 4D Printing; Cloud Computing; Big Data; Blockchain; Drone Technology and Biometrics.
- The company must be founded or co-founded by a woman with an equal or majority stake.
- The founder or co-founder must be over 18 years old and Kenyan
- The business model must have a clear focus on sustainability and alignment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- 3 months to less than 5 years of operations.
- Seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product, and business model development.
- Pre-revenue with early traction (users).
- Post revenue is an added advantage, with the creation of a new business module.
Value of Award: What do Participants Get?
- Three months incubation at Strathmore University’s leading business and innovation incubator
- Mentorship from world class mentors
- Coaching by top business, technology and legal professionals
- Immersive, world-class entrepreneurship curriculum
- Networking and exposure to expand your business networks
What do Winners Get?
- USD 10,000 or KES 1,000,000 equity-free grant seed funding for the top 5 winners
- 9 months ongoing support from Standard Chartered and @iBizAfrica to assist with go-to market and scale
- Participants must be physically available to attend the program over the three months incubation
- Participant accommodation costs are not catered for
Program dates October 15, 2020 – January 7, 2022
How to Apply: Got what it takes? Apply now!