UNFPA Ghana Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program 2020 for Young Ghanaians
Do you have the drive to lead change, and want to develop your skillsets to do so? Do you want to advocate for the SRH rights of young people in Ghana?
Application Deadline: 23rd September 2019
Eligible Countries: Ghana
To be Taken at (Country): Accra, Ghana
About the Award: The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) has the mission to deliver a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every child birth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
In line with the United Nations’ Youth Strategy which calls on all UN agencies to “increase impact and expand global, regional and country-level action to address the needs, build the agency, and advance the rights of young people in all their diversity”, UNFPA Ghana launched the Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program. The YoLe Fellowship Program is also aligned to the priority areas of the 2010 Ghana National Youth Policy, which include skills training in ICT, gender mainstreaming, networking and partnership, mentoring and reproductive health and rights for young people.
- Do you have a passion to make a difference in your community?
- Are you aged between 18 – 26 years? Are you a graduate of a Ghanaian Tertiary Institution?
If yes, then the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) invites you to apply for the second edition of the Youth Leaders (YoLe) Fellowship Program!
Interested persons must:
- be a graduate of a Ghanaian tertiary institution between the ages of 18 and 26
- demonstrate interest and dedication to development issues established through either volunteer experience, work experience, affiliations with a youth network or NGO, in areas of UNFPA’s mandate. (see http://www.unfpa.org/about-us)
- commit one year to being a UNFPA Youth Leaders Fellow
- be proactive and possess strong inter-personal skills
- possess a working knowledge of English—an important prerequisite for participation in the program for general communication purposes. All application materials must be submitted in English.
Selection Process: Selection will be based on demonstrated activism or interest in the advancement of the rights of youth, a desire to network with others, and a clear explanation of how the fellowship will benefit their own efforts for advancing human rights as defined by UNFPA’s mandate.
*The YoLe Fellows are expected to work full-time at the UNFPA Ghana Country Office in Accra, Ghana. Fellows may not be otherwise engaged during the fellowship.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Duration and Value of Award: The YoLe Fellowship is a yearlong program (1st November 2019 to 28th October 2020) designed to integrate young people into the UN system by empowering them on UNFPA’s areas of interest, while providing the Fellows with opportunities for professional development and training in driving health-innovation.
How to Apply:
- Interested applicants should submit:
- A statement, not more than one page, explaining their professional goals and ambitions
All application materials should be sent to [email protected] no later than 23rd September, 2019. . Please use Subject Line: UNFPA/YLFP/20I9.
- No late applications will be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and invited for further interviews/assessments.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It