The Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) is inviting suitably qualified Zambians to apply for forty (40) Postgraduate Scholarships for the 2018/2019 academic year, of which 70% will go to females and 30% to males.
Application Deadline: 11th December 2020
Eligible Countries: Zambia
About the Award: The Scholarship is in line with the Ministry’s long term objective of promoting increased participation of women in Science and Technology studies for the purposes of lecturing in the universities or conduct research in the scientific institutions.
Field of Study: These Scholarships are tenable in any of the following fields of study; Geology, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Pharmacognosy, Forensics, Renewable Energy, Food Science, Agriculture, Nutrition, Pathology, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Mining, Nuclear Science and Technology, Space Science and Technology and Education with Science subjects.
Type: Masters, PhD
Eligibility: The Scholarships will be offered to candidates who will meet the following requirements:
- Must be Zambian and in possession of a Green National Registration Card (NRC);
- Must have a full grade 12 certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels
- Must possess letters of acceptance from a recognized accredited local Public Universities;
- PhD applicants must have a Master of Science Degree or its equivalent in a science related field which is an acceptable prerequisite to the field being applied for;
- MSc applicants must have a Bachelor of Science or its equivalent in a science related field;
- Maximum age of 40 years for Male and 45 years for Female at MSc, and
- Maximum age of 45 years for male and 50 years for female at PhD
Number of Awards: 40. Of the Forty (40), ten (10) are at PhD level while the remaining Thirty (30) are at MSc level.
Value of Award: Fully-funded
How to Apply: The Applicants should submit the following:
- An application letter responding to the advertisement;
- Validated copies of Degree Certificates by ZAQA, official transcripts of results, photocopy of NRC;
- A photocopy of the acceptance Letter from a recognized accredited local Public University ,
- Letters of recommendation from employers. However, those in informal employment must submit supporting documents showing their entrepreneurship in science and technology related field;
- Two recent passport size photos of the candidate;
- A duly completed application form obtained from the Ministry of Higher Education, Lusaka or you can download it by clicking here
- Curriculum Vitae with names and addresses of three (3) traceable referees; and
- Any other documents in support of the application.
Note that successful candidates shall be bonded either by their employer, according to their institutional training policy, and by the Ministry of Higher Education, for the duration equivalent to the period of the sponsorship.
Applications must be clearly marked “S&T Postgraduate Scholarship” and must be submitted to the email: [email protected] or to the following address;
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Higher Education
P.O. Box 50464,
Los Angeles Boulevard,
Attention. Director Science and Technology
+260 211 252 411
Important Notes: Only successful candidates will be communicated to 11th December, 2020