German Institute for International and Security Affairs (SWP) 2020 Internships for International Students
SWP offers a limited number of three-month full-time internships for highly motivated students. We are particularly interested in attracting young academics in political science and related social sciences (economics, law, administration, occasionally also regional studies, ethnology, or journalism).
- 31st December, 2019 (for an internship starting at the earliest in March 2020)
- 31st March, 2020 (for an internship starting at the earliest in June 2020)
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Interns are based at the offices in Berlin-Wilmersdorf.
- Students already studying for a master’s degree (also Hauptstudium in the German Magister/Staatsexamen/Diplom system).
- Holders of bachelor’s degrees who can demonstrate they are applying for a place on a master’s degree course and who expect to be regular master’s students at the time proposed for the internship.
- Holders of bachelor’s/master’s degrees who are enrolled on an additional bachelor’s or master’s degree course.
For an internship you should have at least the following qualifications:
- Very good knowledge of English (written and spoken),
- Good end-user IT skills (Word, Excel, web browsers),
- Your own ideas about what you wish to achieve during the internship,
- Interest in policy consultation and communication,
- Commitment, ambition, teamwork and social skills.
The research divisions also have their own specific requirements.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Interns at SWP receive €300 per month. Exceptions are only possible where the internship is already funded by another public or private organisation.
Duration of Programme: 3 months
How to Apply:
- Please send your application for an internship to Human Resources at SWP. We can only accept complete applications with the application form and all required documents. The application form requires the following information in the Link below.
- Please send your application form and all necessary documents in one summarized pdf-file by e-mail to bewerbungen(at)swp-berlin.org.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
15 Inspiring Lessons from 5 African Billionaires for Young People
How to Apply For Commonwealth Scholarship – Tips To Apply To Win
Do Not Move To Germany If…