Call for Applications: UN Human Rights Council Mandate Holders 2021
Call for applications for mandate holders at the 46th session of the Human Rights Council (22 February to 19 March 2021)
Application Deadline: 27th November 2020 (12 noon GMT)
About the Award: The Secretariat of the Human Rights Council presents its compliments to all Permanent Missions to the United Nations Office at Geneva, international organizations or their offices, national institutions, non-governmental organizations and other human rights bodies, and has the honour to inform them that the following mandate holders are to be appointed at the forty-sixth session of the Council
- Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (EMRIP), member from Africa
- Expert Mechanism on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (EMRIP), member from North America
- Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Cambodia
- Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent, member from African States
- Working Group on Arbitrary Detention, member from Asia-Pacific States
Number of Awards: Not specified
Duration of Programme:
- Award will be given at the forty-sixth session of the Council
- The independent experts are appointed in the same way as other special procedure mandate holders, but for a three-year term renewable once.
How to Apply: To apply for these mandates, (1) complete the online survey and (2) submit the application form in Word format, which can be accessed under the specific mandate in the table below. Application forms are mandate-specific and candidates wishing to apply for more than one mandate must submit a mandate-specific Word application form for each mandate applied for.
Only nationals of the States belonging to the regional groups, for which specific vacancies have been advertised, are eligible for the Working Group mandates. Please refer to the list of the United Nations regional groups of Member States.
For EMRIP members, candidates need to represent one of the two indigenous sociocultural regions for which vacancies have been advertised. Please see additional information on EMRIP.
General information about the selection and appointment process