McKinsey African Leaders on the Move are for individuals who are passionate about Africa. Apply to African Leaders on the Move to learn more about our offices, roles, and work in the region.
Application Deadline: 21st October 2022
About McKinsey African Leaders on the Move: McKinsey has six offices in Africa – Johannesburg, Lagos, Luanda, Casablanca, Nairobi, Addis Ababa. We serve many leading African organizations across sectors including energy and materials, financial services, consumer goods and retail, telecommunications, infrastructure and logistics, as well as the public and social sectors. We also play an important role in building capabilities and creating African leaders—both in our clients’ organizations and in our own.
- We welcome applicants from various academic or professional backgrounds interested in pursuing an exciting career in consulting and passionate about working in Africa. Undergraduates, post-graduates, and professionals with up to 4 years of experience are invited to apply.
- This event is non-evaluative. It is an opportunity for you to get to know us and learn more about working with McKinsey in Africa.
Eligible Countries: Africans in the USA
To be Taken at (Country): US
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Attendees will have the opportunity to do the following:
- interact with McKinsey leaders as they talk about their entrepreneurial journeys, personal experiences, and expertise
- participate in workshops-involving topics such as public sector, digital, banking, energy, and others-to learn about McKinsey’s work and problem-solving approach
- learn about the potential opportunities offered in Africa
- engage in social activities and connect with McKinsey colleagues and fellow participants
Those selected to attend will be notified three days before the event.
Duration of Award:
Atlanta, GA: Wednesday, November 2
Boston, MA: Monday, November 7
Washington, DC: Wednesday, November 9
How to Apply: To be considered for the African Leaders on the Move event, we ask that you submit the following:
- Your CV in English (2 pages maximum). Your CV should include details of your education and grades, work experience, and extracurricular activities and achievements.
- Africa office location preference. We advise you to make your choice based on geographic ties—that is, you have studied or lived in the country. You should be fluent in the local language and meet work eligibility requirements of the country where the office you apply to is located.
- No cover letter is needed.
- No business experience is required.