Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellows Program (IDFP) gives people who are interested in a career in international relief and development an opportunity to increase their overseas experience and gain exposure to its programs.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2022
Eligible Countries: All
About the Award: The Catholic Relief Services International Development Fellows Program, or IDFP, is designed for individuals dedicated to a career in international development. While completing comprehensive training on program management and operations, fellows support CRS’ work in various sectors such as agriculture/livelihoods, health, peacebuilding, emergency response, education, microfinance, or a combination of these.
The fellows’ training focuses on project management, project design and proposal development, partnership and capacity building, monitoring and evaluation, budget and resource management, supply chain and logistics, human resources and security protocols.
- Graduate degree in field relevant and applicable to international development (e.g. Agriculture, Health, Engineering, Business, Public Administration, Finance, Supply Chain)
- Fluency in English with strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional proficiency in a second language (preference given to major languages spoken where CRS works)
- At least six months of work or volunteer experience in a developing country (or 5+ years living in a developing country)
- Able and willing to be based in locations with tropical and infectious diseases and limited access to medical facilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to cultivate strong relationships while working with a wide range of individuals in and outside the agency
- Effective communicator; able to develop tailored and influential messaging for varied audiences
- Proactive; willing and able to take on additional responsibility, challenge assumptions and facilitate change
- Results driven; able to set and achieve ambitious goals and instill confidence
- Strategic thinker; able to formulate guiding questions, leverage resources and find creative solutions
- Discerning; able to maintain focus and provide good judgment amidst complexity and uncertainty
- Develops others; able to listen, coach and mentor
- Agile; able to operate effectively in a stressful, fast changing environment where security could change unexpectedly
- Aligned; able to support and champion the mission, vision, and values of CRS
- Motivated; interest in a career in development or emergency relief
- Flexible; willing to work in various regions and developing countries around the world
Number of Awards: CRS offers 20-30 fellowships each year.
Value of Award: CRS provides IDFP participants with the following benefits:
- Great opportunities for professional growth and development overseas
- Stipend, allowances, and furnished housing
- Transportation to and from the country
- Extensive insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, travel/accident, evacuation and personal household effects)
- Paid vacation, sick and personal leave, and 12 paid holidays
- Language learning assistance
Duration of Programme: 12 months
How to Apply: We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
To be considered for the program, please apply here
Visit Programme Webpage for Details
This post was last modified on October 5, 2022 9:57 pm