UBS Global Banking Graduate Talent Programme 2023 for South African Students
UBS South Africa is inviting qualified candidates to submit an application for its Global Banking Graduate Talent Programme 2023. Review the eligibility requirements and job details below to find out if it’s a good fit.
Application Deadline: 31st December 2022
Job Reference #255323BR
About the Award: The UBS Global Banking Talent Graduate Programme seeks to provide successful candidates with a comprehensive introduction of the firm’s day-to-day business. The programme starts off with the UBS Discovery training programme which will provide new hires with a thorough understanding of the company’s strategy, industry, culture and capabilities.
The duties and responsibilities of the role will include:
- Gain market knowledge starting from capital raising to disposal
- Participate and contribute to offering M&A execution, takeovers spinoffs, exchange offers, takeover defense and development of joint ventures
- Work with equities platform in order to gain insight into the views of the investor community
- Gain an understanding of debt capital markets as well as an emerging market and corporate bonds
- Understand structured products developed for the clients’ stake and fund management requirements
- Capable of analyzing complex scenarios and develop the most suitable strategy in line with maximizing the clients’ objectives.
Eligibility: You need to be in your final year of post graduate studies at university or have recently graduated. We are particularly interested in graduates with a passion for global financial markets and backgrounds in economics, finance, science, engineering, data science, computer science or mathematics. We would like to see evidence that you can:
• Analyse a problem, take a view, and come to a decision
• Plan, organize and communicate well
• Make an impact
• Stick with a task
• Work in a team
• Come up with ideas
Perhaps you have organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you have achieved match the skills we are after.
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be Taken at (Country): Johannesburg, SA
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Our 18-24 month Graduate Talent Program is the perfect way to start your career. With exposure to several different teams both locally and globally, you will get the opportunity to broaden your product knowledge and extend your network of contacts. The UBS team benefits from a breadth of experience across products, modelling, pricing, distribution, legal and regulatory topics linked to our solutions offering.
When you start in February 2023, you will take part in UBS Discovery, a 3-day training program to bring you up to speed with our industry, what we do and how we do it. All our programs break down complex information into manageable elements. And, as well as on- and off-the-job technical training, you will have personal development opportunities for improving general job skills and broadening your network of contacts.
How to Apply: Eligible applicants will need to register an account on the company’s online recruitment portal to be able to apply. Click here to start the process.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.