The Engineering for Development E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Programme awards scholarships for travel and living expenses to candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programmes at ETH Zurich.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2023
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): Switzerland
About E4D Continuing Education Scholarship: The goal of the programme is to enhance the knowledge and skills of future leaders with the perspective of contributing to capacity development and poverty reduction in their home countries.
Field of Study: All programmes of the ETH Zurich continuing education programme (MAS/CAS/DAS) are eligible for the scholarship. But only some programmes offer a fee reduction.
The following programmes offer a fee reducation:
MAS Nutrition and Health, D-HEST
Nutrition for Disease Prevention and Health (CAS ETH in Nutrition), D-HEST
Type: Short course
- The E4D Continuing Education Scholarship candidate must hold a completed and recognised Master’s degree from a university and proof professional working experience of at least 2 years.
- A minimal English standard of TOEFL level C1. If the continuing education programme requires a minimal level in another language, proof of this level should also be submitted.
- The scholarship is open to candidates from Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries and Lower Middle Income Countries classified in the DAC-list of the OECD.
- Candidates need to be accepted by the School for Continuing Education, ETH Zurich as well as the MAS, DAS or CAS programme office.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of E4D Continuing Education Scholarship: The following expenses will be covered by the scholarship:
- Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF)
- Visa fees
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme (2’000 CHF per month if the programme is longer than 3 weeks. 800 CHF per week if the programme duration is up to 3 weeks)
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester)
The following expenses will NOT be covered by the scholarship:
The programme fees of the MAS/CAS/DAS are not covered by the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship.
The registration fee for applications of 150 CHF cannot be covered, but will be reimbursed to candidates from low income countries in case an application is unsuccessful.
How to Apply:
- CV of the candidate
- MSc or Masters Diploma and academic transcript(s)
- 1-2 page application letter, stating the motivation to attend the programme and the impact for the candidate’s career development and beyond.
- Two professional references
- Formal admission letter by the School for Continuing Education confirming that the candidate is admitted to the MAS, DAS or CAS programme.
- Certificate of employment. The certificate of employment letter must be sent to the E4D programme office directly through the employer (and not the candidate)
- Certificate of English level (minimum TOEFL level C1) or other internationally recognised English certificates. If the programme requires a minimum level in another language, proof of this acquired level must also be submitted.
Applications must be submitted through the online portal below. Submissions by e-mail will not be considered.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Visit Award Webpage for Details