One Young World Novartis Reimagining Healthcare Scholarship (Fully-funded to One Young World Conference 2021)
Applications to apply for the Novartis Reimagining Healthcare Scholarships to One Young World Conference 2021 are now open. Young leaders whose focus is on supporting, advancing, and / or solving issues in the health care space including mental health, like health care professionals, nurses, volunteers of health care organizations, medical students.
Application Deadline: 25th September 2020 5:00pm BST,
About the Award: At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine to improve and extend people’s lives. Novartis has a rich history spanning over the course of 250 years, developing innovative products to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. Named one of Forbes’s Most Admired Pharmaceutical Companies of 2020, Novartis is a global healthcare company who aims to deliver our therapies to as many people as possible.
Our team’s purpose is to put patients first. As healthcare and technology continue to evolve, we strive to develop breakthrough treatments and find innovative ways to deliver them to populations and patients in need. We work to expand access to medicine, eliminate disease, and make healthcare sustainable in the developing world.
Part of our culture as a company is to unleash the power of our people; we want everyone at Novartis to feel empowered to achieve their goals and influence change. Through this scholarship, Novartis wants to extend our culture of curiosity and ‘unbossed’ mentality to create an opportunity for young leaders outside of our company who have a passion for healthcare and are initiating change to create a better and healthier world.
Our scholarship supports young social entrepreneurs and their local/global initiatives to help accelerate their leadership journey. This scholarship is for young leaders whose focus is on supporting, advancing, and / or solving issues in the health care space including mental health, like health care professionals, nurses, volunteers of health care organizations, medical students.
- Aged 18 – 30*
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship
- Applicants cannot be employed by Novartis
- Applicants must demonstrate positive impact in the healthcare sector in some capacity
Selection Criteria: Candidates will be evaluated based on the following:
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change within healthcare and health based initiatives.
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
- Addressing key local and/or global health care issues in your work.
- Having a good understanding of global issues.
- Skills: collaborator, creative, enthusiastic, challenges the status quo.
A pre-selection of the candidates will be done by OYW based on the above criteria. This shortlist of candidates will be invited for an online leadership test (duration: approx. 1 hour), followed by an interview with Novartis representatives.
Eligible Countries: All
To be Taken at (Country): Munich
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award: Scholars will receive
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich, Germany which takes place from 23 – 26 April.
- Hotel accommodation during the summit
- Travel to and from Munich (economy)
- All meals covered (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on conference days)
- Transport between Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Provide a forum to pitch and share your initiatives within the Novartis organization
- A mentorship program with Novartis employee(s)
- Pre-summit meeting or lunch with the OYW Novartis delegation
Duration of Award: 23 – 26 April 2021.
How to Apply: APPLY HERE
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Important Notes: *Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.