UCSF Preterm Birth Initiative Postdoctoral Transdisciplinary Research Fellowship 2021 for International Researchers
PTBi offers a two-year transdisciplinary postdoctoral fellowship focused on reducing disparities in preterm birth and improving maternal and neonatal outcomes.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
About the Award: This fellowship is an extraordinary opportunity to work with world-class researchers and mentors, develop ideas and partnerships within a collaborative network, and formally build additional research skills.
Eligibility: The PTBi fellowship is open to US citizens and permanent residents. Fellows must have a doctoral degree (e.g., MD, PhD, DNP, DrPH, ScD) and cannot hold a concurrent faculty position.
Eligible Countries: US citizens and permanent residents
To be Taken at (Country): USA
Number of Awards: two candidates each cycle.
Value of Award:
- Competitive salary support and travel/supplies stipend
- Access to research and education funds through an application process
- Strong research and career mentorship emphasizing the collaborative, transdisciplinary approach necessary to achieve impact on complex conditions such as prematurity
- Fellows seminars with a rotating schedule of didactic content, works in progress, and journal clubs
- Career development workshops offered in conjunction with the Center for AIDS Research (CFAR)
- Leadership opportunities and network building through PTBi-sponsored events
Duration of Award: 2 years
How to Apply: APPLY TO BE A FELLOW!
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.