Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Waste-to-Energy Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2021 for African Students
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi; School of Graduate Studies and the Brew Hammond Energy Centre, College of Engineering
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2020.
About the Award: The Brew Hammond Energy Centre, College of Engineering, KNUST has received funding from the ‘Hybrid Waste to Energy as a Sustainable Solution for Ghana’ project to train postgraduate students in any of the following thematic areas: Optimization of anaerobic digestion of municipal solid waste and Pyrolysis of waste. This project is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and research (BMBF), aimed at developing tailor-made solutions to tackle the problem of waste management as well as power management in Ghana.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following limited funding MPhil degree programmes at the Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering and Department of Chemistry.
- MPhil Agro-Environmental Engineering
- MPhil Bioengineering
- MPhil Chemical Engineering
- MPhil Chemistry
- Bachelor’s degree with First or Second Class (Upper Division), preferably in Agricultural & Biosystems / Bioresources Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Chemistry, or related programmes.
- Applicants must not be more than 40 years by 1st August, 2020.
To be Taken at (Country): Ghana
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The funding is expected to cover Tuition Fees, Accommodation and Research Grant. Payment of stipend is not part of this scholarship.
Duration of Award: 2 years
How to Apply: Sale of E-Vouchers/Forms for admission is ongoing.
- Purchase e-Voucher for GHc250.00 at the following banks: GCB, CBG or ECOBANK or dial *447*160# on any network and follow the prompts.
- Upon payment of the application fee, candidates will receive an e-Voucher containing an application number and PIN that will grant access to the online admissions portal.
- Candidates should then proceed to online admissions website: (Here!) and begin the application process.
- Once the process has been completed, candidates MUST PRINT OUT 2 COPIES of the completed application form from the portal and submit them (by post) to the School of Graduate Studies together with:
- Two passport sized photographs
- Detailed CV and two letters of reference
- Official transcripts and certificates of BSc degree
- A letter of motivation (max. 2 pages) with the heading outlining why you want to study, what makes you well-suited to study in your chosen specialisation, current occupation, how the programme will fit into your professional vision, how your Ghana stands to benefit after your training.
- A short concept note (max. 3 pages) outlining the justification, objectives, methodology and expected outcomes of a research idea.
- To the following address:
School of Graduate Studies, KNUST
ELECTRONIC COPIES of completed application forms and supporting documents MUST be sent to [email protected] for your application to be considered.