Pfizer/ISID 2020 Africa & Middle East Grant Challenge
ISID and Pfizer Global Medical Grants announce a new competitive grant challenge to support programs working on antimicrobial stewardship campaigns throughout Africa and the Middle East.
Application Deadline: 4th August 2020
About the Award: We are seeking innovative quality improvement health services and/or educational research applications that identify and evaluate practices for successfully implementing key elements of antimicrobial stewardship programs. Programs designed for healthcare organizations, hospitals, tertiary care clinics, and educational settings are all applicable. Through this $1-million USD grant challenge, projects can request up to $100,000 USD of funds to support two-year initiatives.
- The following may apply: medical, dental, nursing, allied health, and/or pharmacy professional schools; healthcare institutions (both large and small); professional associations; public health organizations, environmental health organizations, government agencies; Research facilities and other entities with a mission related to healthcare improvement.
- More information on organizations eligible to apply directly for a grant can be found at http://www.pfizer.com/files/IGLC_OrganizationEligibility_effJuly2015.pdf.
- Collaborations within institutions (e.g., between departments and/or interprofessional), as well as between different institutions / organizations / associations, are strongly encouraged. Antimicrobial resistance challenges require input from multiple stakeholders where limited resources can be judiciously allocated through collaborative approaches.
Please note all partners must have a relevant role and the requesting
organization must have a key role in the project. Projects with direct
organizing effort and health outcomes focusing on patient populations in
Africa and the Middle East will be prioritized for funding consideration.
Selection Criteria: Proposals will be reviewed according to the following critieria:
- Innovation – Does the work address a knowledge gap not yet anwsered in the proposed country or region?.
- Data/knowledge transfer – How can other hospitals/clinics/institutions benefit from the data, methodology and/or results?
- Probability – Is there a high likelihood of generating actionable data within the project period?
- Sustainability – Does the support go primarily to researchers living within the region and the proposed project benefits the regional patient population?
- Patient Safety – Do proposals take into account potential impacts on patient safety and present ways to mitigate potential adverse effects?
Eligible Countries: Africa and the Middle East
To be Taken at (Country): Africa and the Middle East
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value & Duration of Award: Projects can request up to $100,000 USD of funds to support two-year initiatives.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.