HP Women in Cyber Security Scholarship 2020 for Study at The University of Queensland, Australia
The HP Women in Cyber Security Scholarship is to assist meritorious female students with the costs of tuition fees while completing the Master of Cyber Security at The University of Queensland.
Application Deadline: 10th July 2020
Eligible Field(s): Engineering and Computing, Science and Mathematics
Eligibility: An applicant is eligible for the Scholarship (subject to University approval) if the applicant:
- submits an application to the Associate Dean by the closing date for applications;
- is a female student;
- is enrolled or intends to enrol full-time in at least #8 per semester in the Master of Cyber Security; and
- does not hold another scholarship that the Associate Dean considers to be similar.
Selection Criteria: For the selection process, the Associate Dean must establish a selection committee, comprising:
- the Associate Dean, or nominee, as chair of the committee;
- one representative from HP; and
- one member of the University’s academic staff who is currently teaching in the Approved Program
with University staff comprising the majority.
The Scholarship is awarded to the applicant showing greatest merit, as demonstrated by:
- academic achievement to date in studies used to satisfy admission in the Approved Program;
- personal qualities, including leadership potential; and
- any other matters that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant’s future success in the cyber security profession.
The selection committee may decide to interview short-listed applicants.
Eligible Countries: Australia, International
To be Taken at (Country): Australia
Number of Awards: Up to 5 each year
Value of Award: The value of the Scholarship is $20,000 each year payable towards the cost of tuition fees of the Approved Program.
Duration of Award: Duration of Program
How to Apply: This scholarship is subject to University approval.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.