Telcom Kenya Graduate Trainee Program 2020 for Young Kenyans
Applications for the Telcom Kenya Graduate Trainee Program 2020 for Young Kenyans, are now open.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Eligible Countries: Kenya
To be Taken at (Country): Kenya
About the Award: Initiated under the Technology Division and supported by the Human Resources Department, this programme is built to give graduates an opportunity to have more control and influence over their career development.
The Programme runs for a period of six months under which the 10 selected individuals are divided in two groups and taken on a rotational work basis through the various sections:
- Planning Engineering & Network Implementation
- Information Technology (IT)
- Intelligent Network & Value Added Services (IN &VAS)
- Operations & Maintenance, Technical Support
- Cable Landing Station
In the course of the rotation phase, each group presents findings on the assigned project.
Selection process: The selection process is in three phases. These include the following:
- Sourcing for CVs: CVs are sourced from across all major universities and the criterion chosen is preference of fresh graduates with a bias to those who pursued Computer Science,Business in Information Technology (BBIT), Information Technology, (I.T), Telecommunications and Engineering.
- First Interview: Shortlisted candidates are taken through a written assessment which seeks to test their technical know-how on Technology Basics. The successful ones proceed to the next phase.
- Second interviews (face-to-face): The successful candidates from the written assessment tests proceed to a face-to-face interview where the top ten successful candidates are taken into the programme.
Number of Awards: 10
Value and Duration of Award:
- For a period of between 6 months to 1 year, the graduates are guided in solving real business challenges by mentors sourced from various departments within the Technology Division.
- At the end of the six months, the Trainees are required to present an individual project which is used to assess their learning agility. If successful, the trainee(s) are then absorbed into the company within the different sections in the Technology Division.
How to Apply: Apply below
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.