Masters Scholarships in Intellectual Property (MIP) at University of Dar-es Salaam, Tanzania 2020/2021
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Masters Degree in Intellectual Property (MIP) Programme. The Degree is jointly offered by the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and the African Regional Intel-lectual Property Organization (ARIPO), the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), and the Business Registration and Licensing Agency (BRELA) – Intellectual Property Office of Tanzania.
Application Deadline: 15th June 2020.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Tanzania
About the Award: The Programme adopts a comparative approach, with particular emphasis on the interface of intellectual property law and policies in the context of the existing economic and social dynamics obtaining in Africa. Distance Learning Phase is coordinated by the WIPO Academy, where the candidates will be assigned to specific tutors who will introduce to candidates the general contextual and policy issue of intellectual property system. Residential Lectures and Supervision of the dissertation will be given by leading academics, intellectual property practitioners, intellectual property officers and other experts drawn from across Africa.
- Eligible candidates are required to hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (second class lower) from a recognized university in any discipline.
- Proof of English proficiency is required, therefore, students coming from countries where the official language is not English will need to submit evidence of proficiency in an appropriate internationally approved English examination e.g IELTS, TOEFL AWARD.
- Upon satisfactory completion of the programme, participants will be awarded a Masters Degree in Intellectual Property (MIP) by the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM).
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: With a view to contributing to the development of human resources in the field of Intellectual Property in Africa, ARIPO will provide Five (5) scholarships for the 2020/2021 Academic Year. The scholarship shall cover the cost of a return air ticket, stipend at UDSM, tuition fees, registration fees and medical insurance.
Duration of Award: The duration is Eighteen months, from 15th July 2020 to 15th October 2021 (including holidays), structured in Three Phases, as follows:
- First Phase: July 2020 through September 2020 – Distance Learning Phase through the WIPO Academy Distance Learning Program;
- Second Phase: October 2020 to February 2021: Residential phase requiring physical attendance of lectures undertaken at the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Second Year (March 2021 to October 2021: Dissertation Phase requiring research and writing on an approved research topic.
How to Apply: Interested candidates with the requisite qualifications (see Entry requirements) are invited to submit their applications online on the website of the University: http://postgraduate.udsm.ac.tz. Only admitted students will be considered for scholarships. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.