ALU Female Leaders Scholarship 2020/2021 For Young African Women
Apply for a full scholarship at the African Leadership University for the next generation of Africa’s leaders. Register your interest and find out if you are eligible.
Application Deadline: 9th March 2020
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Rwanda or Mauritius
About the Award: The Female Leaders Scholarship has been created to empower exceptional, young women to realize their leadership potential and lead a life of impact despite financial limitations.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of the applicant’s leadership potential, entrepreneurial drive, and demonstrated impact.
We are searching for 50 resilient, driven, innovative, creative, mission-driven young women who have demonstrated impact in their communities to join us on our Rwanda and Mauritius campuses as the inaugural Female Leader Scholars.
In line with the vision of ALU which is, to develop 3 million ethical and entrepreneurial leaders for Africa and the world by 2035, the scholarship will support the aspirations of fresh applicants for any of the undergraduate programmes at the African Leadership University.
Eligibility: To be considered for this scholarship, you first need to apply and be admitted to ALU. ALU’s eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Applicants must have passed a final National Senior Secondary School Examination and graduated from Secondary school.
- For applications to study at the Mauritius campus, applicants must have passed at least 3 A-levels or equivalent with a minimum grade C.
- For applications to study at the Rwanda campus, applicants must have passed at least 2 A-levels or equivalent with a minimum grade C.
Number of Awards: 50
Value of Award: Beneficiaries will be rewarded with 100% paid tuition* and a once in a lifetime opportunity of being part of the next generation of extraordinary African leaders and entrepreneurs.
The Female Leaders Scholarship will fully cover education and accommodation expenses for the selected beneficiaries to attend the African Leadership University, studying at either its Mauritius or Rwanda Campuses – starting in September 2020.
Find out if you qualify for this scholarship
The Scholarship provides the following benefits to successful applicants:
- 100% Tuition Fee Waiver which covers the cost of tuition fees, accommodation and other study-related costs for the duration of the undergraduate programme at the Rwanda and Mauritius campuses of the African Leadership University
- Annual living allowance for the duration of the undergraduate programme
- Relocation allowance to cover incoming travel and removal expenses for one way travel (for applicants living outside Rwanda and Mauritius)
How to Apply: Register your interest
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Why Rwanda Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa
14 Things You Need To Know About Wealth across Africa
10 Important Things to Do As You Stay at Home