Andrew Markus Visiting Scholarship Scheme 2019 for Medical Practitioners
The position of Visiting Scholar is to be awarded to a practising medical doctor (physician) with an interest in medical ethics. It provides an opportunity for a clinician to take part in the academic and College life of the University of Oxford. The University is one of the major centres for both medical research and philosophy in Europe.
Application Deadline: 22nd April 2019
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): UK
Type: Short course
Eligibility: The position of Visiting Scholar is to be awarded to a practising medical doctor (physician) with an interest in medical ethics.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award:
- The successful applicant will undertake research in medical ethics at the University of Oxford. Visiting Scholars will spend four weeks working at the Ethox Centre and Green Templeton College. The scholar will benefit from the supervision and feedback of Ethox research staff and will have access to the libraries and research facilities of the College and the University of Oxford. He or she will also have the opportunity to attend talks and lectures at the College and across the University.
- During the visit, the scholar will be expected to give a seminar (in English) on a topic in medical ethics. This seminar will be open to interested members of Green Templeton College and the wider University. The scholar will also give a presentation on his or her research at an Ethox Centre research seminar, and write a guest blog post for the Ethox blog.
- The Scholar will be offered four weeks’ free accommodation at Green Templeton College, and a stipend of £1000 which is intended to assist with travel and other costs relating to the visit.
Duration of Programme: 4 weeks
How to Apply: To apply for this scholarship please submit the following:
- 500-word statement summarising their research interests and what they hope to achieve during their visit
- 2 page CV, including the names of two referees.
The application should be sent via email to the following address: [email protected]
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In France
25 Signs You Are Not Serious about Making Progress in Life
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In Ukraine