Financial Times/IFC Transformational Business Awards 2020 for Innovative financial & non-financial Start-ups
The Financial Times and the International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, have launched the 2020 edition of the FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards, the leading global initiative that highlights and promotes ground-breaking, long-term private sector solutions to major development challenges.
Application Deadline: 31st March 2020.
Eligible Countries: All
To be Taken at (Country): London, UK
About the Award: The 2020 edition of the FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards marks 15 years of collaboration between the Financial Times and the International Finance Corporation on awards that have had a substantial impact on the way financial and non-financial organisations approach sustainable investment. The Awards highlight ground-breaking, long-term private sector solutions to major development issues, with the core categories directly related to global efforts to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals. The winners will be announced at a special dinner in London on 16 June, preceded by the FT/IFC Transformational Business Conference, a major gathering of thought leaders who will explore and debate the issues generated by the Awards.
Eligibility: The programme is open to all financial and non-financial private sector organisations. Start-ups with innovative solutions and a clear roadmap to financial sustainability are encouraged to apply. On the financing side, special attention will be given to entries that embrace best practice in impact investing.
We welcome entries from productive sector companies, investment institutions and advisory firms involved in projects addressing key challenges in urbanisation, climate, education, healthcare, technology, food and water security, and inclusion with respect to developing economies, including:
- Infrastructure developers
- Energy companies
- Engineering companies
- Technology companies
- Healthcare providers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Design houses
- Pension funds
- Sovereign wealth funds
- Life insurance companies
- Impact investors
- Private equity firms
- Investment banks
- Fund managers
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: If your entry is short-listed in one of the awards categories:
- Your organisation and the initiative that has been short-listed will be promoted in an advertisement in the global FT newspaper and through FT Live social media channels
- You will be invited to attend the FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards dinner, where the winners in each category will be announced.
- All short-listed entries are presented in detail at the Awards dinner before the winners are revealed. You will also be able to network with other organisations short-listed for the awards.
If the judging panel selects your entry as a winner in one of the categories:
- Your organisation and the award-winning initiative will be promoted in an advertisement in the global FT newspaper and through FT Live social media channels
- A summary of your entry will be featured on the Awards website
How to Apply: Apply
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
How to Stop Being Broke - 9 Things to Do
Why Rwanda Is The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa
14 Things You Need To Know About Wealth across Africa