The Max Planck Institute for the History of Science, Berlin (MPIWG), Department III Artifacts, Action, and Knowledge (Director: Prof. Dagmar Schäfer), is offering two fellowships for outstanding graduate students.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2020 (23:59 CET)
Eligible Countries: Asian, African or Latin American Countries
To be Taken at (Country): Germany
Type: Fellowship, Research
- The fellowships are open to graduate students based at Asian, African or Latin American institutions.
- Applicants should demonstrate their commitment to a research topic related to the History of Science, Technology, and Medicine, or Science and Technology Studies and a need to work with an international community at the MPIWG, Berlin in order to prepare and publish their first single-authored research paper in the English language.
- Eligible are students in good standing through the grant period of February 28, 2021.
- Candidates are expected to have already completed the archival research for their thesis and be in a position to devote six months to writing and preparing an article in English for journal publication. Regular meetings will be held to support both the writing process and academic development.
- Applications from women are especially welcome. The Max Planck Society is committed to promoting underrepresented groups as well as people with disabilities and encourages them to apply. Finalists may expect a decision by May 6, 2020.
Number of Awards: 2
Value of Award: Fellowships are endowed with a monthly stipend according to the guidelines of the Max Planck Society.
Duration of Award: The fellowships will run from September 1, 2020 to February 28, 2021.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit the following materials in English through our online application portal:
- Official proof of enrollment and good standing in an accredited graduate program from your PhD thesis/or confirmation of your university. Brief description of dissertation.
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications
- Title, abstract and outline of intended essay (maximum 750 words)
- English writing sample
- A letter of recommendation from one supervisor
Applications will be accepted until March 15, 2020 (23:59 CET) to be uploaded to the following link: https://recruitment.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/position/14254095
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.