Kochi University of Technology (KUT) Special Scholarship Program 2020/2021 for Doctoral International Students – Japan
The Kochi University of Technology (KUT) Special Scholarship Program (SSP) on research projects in the field of Engineering for International Doctoral applicants, Japan 2020/2021.
Application deadline: 13th March 2020 (October 2020 enrollment)
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at: Japan
Program of Study: Doctoral Program (3 years), Department of Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering
The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was established in 2003 in order to support the advanced research of the university by enlisting the help of highly capable students especially students from foreign countries. Every year in April and October, the university enrolls selected doctoral students for specific research projects. The students pursue the doctoral course in English (excl. Japanese students) while at the same time assisting their host professor as a research assistant (RA). Through this program KUT wishes to expand and deepen international ties with academic and educational institutions all over the world.
Offered Since: 2003
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants are required to meet all of the following
(1)To have or to be scheduled to acquire a master’s degree before the KUT enrollment date
(2) To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment
(3) To have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities
(4) To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in one of the designated research projects
(5) To have high English proficiency
- The SSP student must work 50 hours per month for a specific research project at the university.
- The SSP student must report his/her study and research achievements to the dean of the Graduate School of Engineering at the end of each semester. The submitted report will be evaluated by the dean of the Graduate School of Engineering.
Number of Scholarships: Fifteen (15)
- Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance examination fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee
- To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid for research project work.
- 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs. (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
Duration of sponsorship: Doctoral Program will last for 3 years. Scholarship: 1 year.
The term will be extended for increments of one year up to a total of three years, unless the university terminates the SSP student status for any of the reasons stated in the Application Guidelines in the link below.
How to Apply:
- Choose one research project from the SSP Research Project List
- Send a completed Pre-Application Request to the leader of your preferred project by e-mail and obtain the leader’s permission to apply for that SSP project. Only one pre-application request should be sent to the leader of a project during a given enrollment period. The project leader’s email address is provided in the project’s description. Please note that a project leader may not contact you in the case where your pre-application request is rejected.
- When you obtain the permission of the project leader, complete all required documents and submit them to KUT by post. The documents must reach KUT by the deadline.
All inquiries and application documents must be addressed to:
International Relations Section
Kochi University of Technology
Tosayamada, Kami City
Kochi 782-8502, JAPAN
E-mail: [email protected]
Sponsor: The Kochi University of Technology (KUT)
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Is It Too Late To Change Career at 27?
Top 10 Canadian University to Study Medicine
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India