FirstRand International Postgraduate Scholarships 2020 for South African Students to study abroad
Applications are now open for the FirstRand International Postgraduate Scholarships 2020 for South African Students to study abroad
Application Deadline: 20th February 2020
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be Taken at (Country): International
About the Award: There are five scholarships available to South African citizens, all of which are for international postgraduate study. These are:
- FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar scholarship;
- FirstRand Foundation scholarship;
- FirstRand Oxford African Studies scholarship to the University of Oxford;
- FirstRand FNB Fund Oxford education scholarship; and
- FirstRand FNB Fund scholarship for international postgraduate study in education.
Type: Masters, PhD
Selection Criteria: The successful candidates will have excelled academically in their chosen field and will have been able to demonstrate:
- leadership qualities;
- strength of character;
- community involvement; and
- the potential to be a destiny changer in his or her chosen field.
- candidates who are currently, or have been studying overseas, will not be considered for this scholarship; and.
- successful candidates are required to return to South Africa for at least five years after completing their studies.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: See the various awards in Link below
Duration of Award: See the various awards in Link below
How to Apply: Applications, including all attachments and reference letters, must be completed online and applicants must have applied directly to the university of their choice by the time the application is submitted.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.