Applications are now open for the FirstRand International Postgraduate Scholarships 2020 for South African Students to study abroad
Application Deadline: 20th February 2020
Eligible Countries: South Africa
To be Taken at (Country): International
About the Award: There are five scholarships available to South African citizens, all of which are for international postgraduate study. These are:
- FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar scholarship;
- FirstRand Foundation scholarship;
- FirstRand Oxford African Studies scholarship to the University of Oxford;
- FirstRand FNB Fund Oxford education scholarship; and
- FirstRand FNB Fund scholarship for international postgraduate study in education.
Type: Masters, PhD
Selection Criteria: The successful candidates will have excelled academically in their chosen field and will have been able to demonstrate:
- leadership qualities;
- strength of character;
- community involvement; and
- the potential to be a destiny changer in his or her chosen field.
- candidates who are currently, or have been studying overseas, will not be considered for this scholarship; and.
- successful candidates are required to return to South Africa for at least five years after completing their studies.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: See the various awards in Link below
Duration of Award: See the various awards in Link below
How to Apply: Applications, including all attachments and reference letters, must be completed online and applicants must have applied directly to the university of their choice by the time the application is submitted.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.