World Bank Youth Summit 2022 for Young Social Entrepreneurs
The World Bank Group wants to hear from young changemakers across the globe via World Bank Youth Summit 2022
Application Deadline: 1st October 2019 (11:59PM ET)
To be Taken at (Country): Washington, DC, USA
About the World Bank Youth Summit:
Established in 2013, the Youth Summit is an annual event hosted by the World Bank Group to engage with youth globally on the most pressing issues facing their generation. The Youth Summit is an affiliate of the Youth-to-Youth (Y2Y) network, a multifaceted network of young professionals dedicated to engaging, inspiring, and empowering young people in global development., which aims to inspire and empower youth within and outside the institution.
As the largest youth worldwide annual gathering at the World Bank Group, the primary goals of the Youth Summit are to:
- Empower youth to explore innovative ideas to tackle development challenges
- Provide youth with the tools to build and engage in impactful projects
- Promote dialogue between youth, the WBG, and other key stakeholders globally
2022 World Bank Group Youth Summit
The theme for the 2022 World Bank Group Youth Summit is “Unlocking the Power of Inclusion for Equitable Growth”, with activities and engagements in different regions and at the World Bank Group headquarters in Washington DC.
Eligibility: The Summit is open to Youth aged 18 to 35, from all over the world.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
The 2022 Youth Summit will examine the multifold challenges faced by global community and the role of the youth in solving these problems. The Summit will engage young people globally on innovative ideas and solutions to ensure that recovery and growth in the post-COVID world is not only equitable and sustainable but also inclusive along social, environmental, and economic dimensions.
Discussions and activities during the Summit will focus on solutions that foster:
- Social Inclusion by increasing opportunities for people especially the marginalized to participate fully in markets, services, technologies, and society is critical for equitable growth.
- Environmental Inclusion by building green, resilient communities, fostering inclusive green growth, and ensuring no communities are left behind to tackle environmental degradation and climate change.
- Economic Inclusion by providing inclusive, equitable access to economic opportunity is imperative to sustainable global development
Duration of Award:
- May 26-27, 2022
- Hybrid (Online and Washington DC)
How to Apply: Attend via link below
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.