Woman-Led African Startup? Apply to Fave Women 2019: YC Edition to Get into YCombinator (YC)
Where are the women led high growth technology companies in Africa?
Are you an African woman leading a startup?
Let us and 10+ YC alumni help you apply to the world’s best accelerator, Y-Combinator.
Apply to FAVE Women: YC Edition to get all-access support with your application.
Application Deadline: 14th August 2019 11:59pm WAT
Eligible Countries: African countries
About the Award: In the last few years, quite a number of technology startups across Africa have received an influx of capital. However, a majority of these companies have been founded by men.
In 2015, YCombinator (YC), the world’s best startup accelerator, admitted its first batch of African startups. Since then, over 30 startups have been accepted into the programme. Yet, only 3 of these companies – Buycoins, Schoolable, and Tress – have had female co-founders and only 1 – Tress – has had a female CEO. This trend is concerning.
There is an incredible funding gap for women entrepreneurs in Africa. According to annual reports by Partech Ventures, over $1.204 billion has been raised by African startups since 2015, yet women led or co-founded companies only comprise single digit percentagesof that amount.
Eligibility: If you’re an African woman leading a technology startup with :
- A live technology driven product or service
- a technical co-founder
- any level of traction
All we ask is that you don’t doubt yourself. You may think your company doesn’t have the potential to get into YC, or that your idea isn’t good enough, or that your company is too early, but you are most likely wrong. Let us be the judge of that.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Receive proven techniques to successfully answer Y-Combinator’s application questions and effectively translate your African business for global investors
- Get exclusive access to successful application answers from African YC Alumni
- Schedule 1-on-1 office hours with 10+ YC Alumni from Paystack, Flutterwave, 54gene, and more. Get help to review your application & perfect your 1 minute pitch
- Complete your application 2 weeks before the YC deadline (Sept 25th)
- Pitch your company to 10+ African YC Alum for the opportunity to get referrals into Y-Combinator (alumni referrals significantly increase your chances of acceptance into YC)
How to Apply: Just click here to fill this form and give us some information about yourself and your business and we will get back to you shortly.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Top 10 Highest Paying Engineering Jobs in the World
5 IMPORTANT WAYS JOBS WILL CHANGE IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Top 10 Jobs that’ll Pay You to Travel the World