Open: World Bank Robert S. McNamara (RSM) Fellowship 2019/2020 for Developing Countries
The World Bank funds the Robert S. McNamara (RSM) International Fellowship for Doctoral students to study at a World Bank country, in development related fields.
Application Deadline: 2nd May 2019
Eligible Countries: World Bank Member Countries
To be taken at (country): Host Institution in any country other than candidates home country
Eligible Subject Areas: Economics, health, education, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, or other development related subject.
About Scholarship: The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program (RSMFP) provides support to developing country citizens (.xlsx) who are current PhD candidates studying in developing countries, funding up to $25,000 to conduct PhD research on a development topic in a World Bank member country other than the Fellow’s home country or country of residence.This is a wonderful opportunity for the most promising developing nation researchers to advance their doctoral work with the best international advisors and host institutions in their fields of study.
Who is qualified to apply?Applicants Must:
- Be a national of a World Bank member developing country;
- Not hold dual citizenship of a developed country;
- Be 35 years of age or younger on the Application Deadline date;
- Be enrolled in a PhD program in a member developing country of the World Bank at the time of application
- Reside in a member developing country of the World Bank since enrolled in the PhD program;
- Have completed all coursework and exam requirements for attaining a PhD at the time of application;
- Have a PhD thesis centered on a field of development.
- Not be a staff member (which includes consultant) or a relative of a staff member of the World Bank Group
Selection Criteria: The RSMFP uses the following process to review completed applications, with the aim to identify eligible candidates with the most innovative and relevant research proposals in the area of development.
Two qualified reviewers independently review each eligible application to assess the following:
- Quality of the proposed fellowship (70%)
- Prospects for a productive career in research post-PhD (30%)
Selection Process: All criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made. Eligibility criteria WILL NOT change during an open call for applications. However, this information is subject to change between the close of one application process and the opening of the next.
Value of Award: RSMFP provides up to $25,000 (U.S.) for developing country nationals to travel abroad to conduct development-related PhD research under the supervision of a host advisor at a university, research or development institution in a World Bank member country. Details on eligible expenditures are provided in the Application Guidelines.
Number of Awards: Several
Duration of Award: onetime grant for a 6 to 10 month period
How to Apply:
- Guidance for this call for RSMFP fellowship applications, including this call’s: (i) instructions and requirements to submit an application, the eligibility criteria applicants must meet; and the selection process are provided in the Application Guidelines and FAQs. Please read these documents before starting your application.
- Once you are familiar with the application requirements and processes, click HERE to apply, and refer to the Accessing the online application and Navigating the online application to learn how to access and navigate the online application.
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.