UNESCO Hamdan Prize for the effectiveness of teachers ($100 000 Prize) 2019/2020
The UNESCO-Hamdan bin Rashid Al-Maktoum Prize for Outstanding Practice and Performance in Enhancing the Effectiveness of Teachers was created in 2008 to support the improvement of teaching and learning quality in achieving the Education for All goals, which is one of UNESCO’s priorities.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2019 (midnight, Paris time).
Eligible Countries: All
To be Taken at (Country): UNESCO Headquarters in Paris, France
About the Award: Awarded every two years, the Prize is generously supported by His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al-Maktoum of the United Arab Emirates. It amounts to US $300,000, which is equally divided between three winners whose projects aim at improving worldwide the performance and effectiveness of teachers.
The winners are selected by an International Jury composed of five distinguished professionals chosen for their high-level of knowledge and experience in teacher-related issues.
The Prize will be awarded for the sixth time at a ceremony that will take place during World Teachers’ Day celebrations at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris on 5 October 2020.
- Candidates may be individuals representing institutions or organizations; international or national governmental or non-governmental organizations (NGOs); educational or research institutions and local/national/regional communities.
- Applications are not opened to individuals.
Number of Awards: 3
Value of Award: US $100,000 each, for 3 winners.
How to Apply:
- The deadline for submitting applications for the 2019-2020 Prize is 31 October 2019 (midnight, Paris time). Applications are to be emailed to: [email protected](link sends e-mail) with the mention in the subject “UNESCO-Hamdan Prize application”.
- To submit an application, please download the guide, the application form and the nomination form.
- Download the Statutes of UNESCO-Hamdan Prize.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
12 Best Computer Skills Employers Are Looking for – How to Use it to get a Job
25 Writing Skills You Need to Standout & Succeed in Any Field
Top 10 Skills that’ll Make You More Employable than Most People and How to Improve them