Fuller Theological Seminary Zawadi Scholarship 2019 for Gospel-centered Work in Africa
The Zawadi Scholarship, covering half (50%) of tuition each year (for up to four years), is now available to select students who seek to use their training to empower and lead others in gospel-centered work in Africa.
- MA in Intercultural Studies: 31st May, 2019
- MA in Global Leadership: 2nd August, 2019
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): African countries
About the Award: Whether through small rural gatherings in local villages or large urban sanctuaries like those in Nairobi, Lagos, and Accra, the story of Christianity in Africa spans dozens of countries and centuries. Here at Fuller, we are committed to supporting the vibrant and complex African contexts in which the gospel continues to thrive, and from which the gospel continues to expand throughout the world.
In an effort to make a Fuller education more accessible and affordable, Fuller is pleased to introduce the Zawadi Scholarship––from the Kiswahili word for “gift”––available to incoming students beginning the MA in Intercultural Studies or the MA in Global Leadership in Fall 2019 and who are currently serving, or planning to serve, in Africa.
- Must be admitted to the MAICS or MAGL program for Fall 2019
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA: 2.7
- Must begin classes in Fall 2019
- Not stackable with other Fuller scholarships, grants, or discounts
- Recipient must meet the Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress standards
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: This new scholarship will cover half (50%) of tuition each year for select students and is designed for students who are called to serve and do ministry in Africa and seek to use their training to empower and lead others in gospel-centered work.
Duration of Award: For up to Four years
How to Apply: Please note you must apply for either the MAICS or MAGL degree program separately to be considered for the scholarship as well.
Applications to the Zawadi Scholarship require an essay. To apply, please respond to the following three essay questions, keeping each of your responses to 500 words or less:
- Are you currently serving, or intending to serve, in Africa? If so, which country?
- Please describe your current or past experience serving in Africa.
- How would studying at Fuller, specifically, equip you to serve in Africa?
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.