World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)/Turkey Government Masters Scholarships 2019/2020 for Developing Countries
This Masters Program is offered jointly with the WIPO Academy, the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office and Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey.
Application Deadline: 20th July 2019
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
To be taken at (country): Ankara, Turkey
About the Award: Successful students will be awarded Master of Law degree in Intellectual Property by the Ankara University on behalf of WIPO and TPI.
Field of Study:
- Introduction to Intellectual Property and Research Methodology: Interdisciplinary Approaches
- Advanced Patent Law: Substantive and Procedural
- Advanced Design Law: Substantive and Procedural
- Advanced Trademarks
- Geographical Indications and Traditional Knowledge
- Commercialization of Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Infringement at Universities
- International Copyright Law
Eligibility: To be considered, applicants shall:
- hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university (open to all disciplines)
- Transcript (minimum GPA: 2.00 / 4.00)
- Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL iBT: 78 / Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): Score B, Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE): Score C, or Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic): Score 67, Turkish Foreign Language Exam –YDS or YÖKDİL: 65)
- One reference letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose (maximum one page, including two lines indicating if you apply for a scholarship and why)
- ALES score (min. 55, only for Turkish students)
- to pass the entrance exam for Turkish students and self-sponsored international students (held by Ankara University) students are required to send the official documents ot Ankara University upon requests after the selection period.
Number of Awards: Up to 10
Value of Award: The scholarships will be available from WIPO and Republic of Turkey for international students from developing countries, least developed countries and countries with economies in transition and cover:
- travel costs
- tuition fees
- subsistence allowance
- medical insurance
WIPO scholarships are awarded to government officials and persons working in the public sector such as universities, academies, and research and development institutions.
Visa costs, if any, are at the expense of participants.
Successful applicants for scholarships are notified by the awarding institution. Thereafter, they will be provided with relevant information.
Ankara University also offers scholarships. These scholarships cover tuition fees only for Turkish students.
Duration of Award: 16-Sep-2019 – 30-Jun-2020
How to Apply:
- All applicants have to apply online in the WIPO Academy (on this page) and Ankara University websites.
- All Turkish and self-sponsored students should apply through the website of Institute for Social Sciences, Ankara University and attend an entrance exam www.sosbilens.ankara.edu.tr .
- In addition, they should apply through the WIPO Academy website in order to be registered for the WIPO Academy Distance Learning courses planned for the LL.M. program.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In France
25 Signs You Are Not Serious about Making Progress in Life
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In Ukraine