Simpson Scholarship 2019 for ACCA Candidates Worldwide
Want to study your ACCA for free? The Simpson Scholarship sponsors the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) registration and exam fees of five students every year – apply before the deadline
Application Deadline: 21st June 2019
Eligible Countries: Global
About the Award: Miss Muriel Simpson FCCA died on 22 December 1977 and, in her Will, left her residuary estate to ACCA to fund a Scholarship to be called the ‘Simpson Scholarship’.
Miss Simpson’s wishes were that the Scholarship Fund be used to fund the further education of ACCA students who have already proven themselves to be of sufficient merit and distinction in ACCA examinations.
Eligibility: You can apply for the Simpson Scholarship if you meet the following criteria.
- You are registered as an ACCA student, and
- You have paid your fees for the year ahead, and
- You have no other fees outstanding, and
- You have completed and achieved an average of 80% or more in the Knowledge module (Papers F1–F3) of the Fundamentals level of the ACCA Qualification – at your first attempt, or
- If you have exemptions from the Knowledge module (Papers F1–F3) of the Fundamentals level, then you must have achieved 66% or more in at least two ACCA Qualification papers in the Fundamentals Skills module – at your first attempt.
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: The winners of the Scholarship will have the following fees paid on their behalf, from the Scholarship Fund, for a maximum of five years from the date of the award or until they have become members – whichever happens first.
Payment of ACCA:
- examination fees
- annual student subscription fees
- annual affiliate subscription fees
- membership admission fee*
As an added bonus, Scholarship winners with get a set of learning materials from one of our Approved Content Providers for each ACCA paper they are studying.
*This does not include the annual membership subscription fee
How to Apply: If you meet the eligibility criteria for the Scholarship then the next step is to submit your application to ACCA.
You, the applicant, must write an essay entitled:
‘How the award of a Scholarship will help me to realise my full potential’.
When the judging panel are deciding on the winning essays, they are looking for five that will really inspire them and where they can see that the candidate will really benefit from receiving it. So think about how the Simpson Scholarship will benefit and make a difference to you and tell us about it.
For example, it could be
- how it will make a positive contribution to your career
- how it will make a positive contribution to the community in which you live
- how it will make a positive contribution to the accounting profession in your country
- how it will help with your journey to membership.
Your essay must be personal to you and inspiring.
Your application must be accompanied by a Scholarship submission formincluding two references. Full criteria for the essay and Scholarship Submission form can be found in the sections below.
Submitting your application
Completed applications must be submitted – preferably by email – to: [email protected]
Please do not submit queries about the Scholarship to this mailbox as you will not receive a response. Any queries you have should be directed to ACCA Connect.
If it is not possible for you to submit your application by email, you will need to post it to the following address.
110 Queen Street
ACCA cannot accept any responsibility for postal applications that do not arrive before the closing date.
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
10 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do
This One Skill Will Increase Your Value by at least 50%
10 Common Scholarship Interview Questions And How to Answer Them