Deloitte/One Young World Scholarship Program (Fully-funded to attend One Young World Conference 2019)
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, Deloitte is proud to support the Deloitte One Young World Scholarship 2019, which will enable 10 outstanding young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit in London, United Kingdom on 22 – 25 October 2019.
Application Deadline: 10th May 2019
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): London, UK
About the Award: Education is the cornerstone of sustainable development. There are currently 1.8 billion young people (aged 10-24) worldwide and over half of this population will not have the skills necessary to participate in the emerging global workforce. The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) clearly recognize that this gap must be closed, as the international community more explicitly addresses the challenges of quality and equity in education.
At Deloitte, we are committed to preparing 50 million people to succeed in a rapidly changing global economy by 2030. We are applying our core skills, experience, and global reach to make an impact through education, skills development, and access to opportunity, in line with SDGs 4 – Quality Education and 8 – Decent Work & Economic Growth.
Eligibility: Candidates must be:
- Aged 18 – 30
- Young leaders from non-profit, community organizations or social enterprises
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship
This scholarship is intended for young leaders focused on improving the education, skills, and access to opportunity for people in their communities, countries, or world at large. The scholarship is seeking candidates who have demonstrated commitment to:
- Improving access to education, skills, or employment opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy. For example, to women and girls, disadvantaged youth.
- Creating skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages.
- Accelerating entrepreneurship, new types of employment, or providing opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment.
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address education and skills challenges
Number of Awards: 10
Value of Award:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, United Kingdom
- The cost of travel to and from London (economy flights only)
- Hotel accommodation in a single room from 21-25 October inclusive
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, during these days
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the Summit, and a Deloitte “buddy”
Duration of Award: 22 – 25 October 2019.
How to Apply: Apply Here
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying
Important Notes: Please note that you will be unable to save your responses in the submission form. With this in mind, we recommend saving your responses first in an offline document before submitting your application.
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
12 Best Computer Skills Employers Are Looking for – How to Use it to get a Job
25 Writing Skills You Need to Standout & Succeed in Any Field
Top 10 Skills that’ll Make You More Employable than Most People and How to Improve them