ARCUS Project 2019 IBARAKI Artist-in-Residence Program (All expenses paid to Japan)
The call for the Artist-in-Residence Program of ARCUS Project 2019 IBARAKI is now open! ARCUS looks forward to receiving applications from artists who have enthusiasm to realize their creative projects at ARCUS Project.
Application Deadline: 19th April 2019 by (23:59:59 UTC-12).
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Japan
About the Award: Artist-in-Residence Program of ARCUS Project which aims to support the artistic activities of emerging artists was launched in 1994 by Ibaraki Prefectural Government as its main organizer. In its 25 years of history,
ARCUS Project has invited 103 artists including pairs from 33 countries/regions, and supported their artistic projects and researches during the residence. A number of previous resident artists are now known as cutting-edge artists in the international art scene.
ARCUS Project Artist-in-Residence Program has focused on the “process” of activities. Therefore, we are looking for a project which does not regard final presentation as a goal, but tries to conduct a site-specific research/project within a certain period of time. It is also expected that the research/project is open to public for sharing the process and collaboration.
Not more than one artist will be selected from one country/region.
Type: Short course
Eligibility: The Applicant must:
- be an emerging artist engaged in contemporary visual arts or other related fields.
- be born on or after January 1, 1979.
- have nationality of country other than Japan.
- have legal permission to enter Japan.
- not be enrolled in educational institution during the program period. *EXCEPTION: those who are in Ph.D. program are eligible.
- be in a state of good health and able to carry out daily activities on his/her own.
- have enough English skill to communicate with other artists and studio staff.
Number of Awards: Three artists/groups (two overseas artists/groups and one Japanese artist/group)
Value of Award: Each artist is provided with the following support during the program period
- Equipments: Bicycle is provided for each artist.
- Transportation fee Artist from overseas: Round-trip (economy class) airfare from the international airport nearest his/her home to Narita International Airport is provided. Artist based in Japan: Round-trip public transportation fee from the nearest station/airport is provided.
Duration of Programme:
- September 4th through December 12th, 2019 (100 days)
- The schedule is subject to change.
How to Apply: ENTRY TO ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying