ISNAD-Africa Mentoring for Research Programme 2019 for African Students
The International Support Network for African Development (ISNAD-Africa) invites applications from graduate (master’s and doctoral) students in universities across all African countries for the 2019 Cohort of its Mentoring for Research Programme.
Application Deadline: 30th April, 2019 (11:59 GMT)
Eligible Countries: African countries
About the Award: The Mentoring for Research Programme (MRP) is an online technical assistance programme aimed at knowledge generation and bridging the human capacity gap required to fast-track clean energy transition and climate resilience in Africa. MRP establishes structured and thematic mentoring relationships between master’s and doctoral students in African universities, and experienced researchers and professionals in world-class institutions and organisations such as Harvard University, IPCC, Chatham House, IRENA, EU Joint Research Centre, University College London, McGill University, University of British Columbia, University of Waterloo, among others in over 30 countries. The mentoring programme will help students (mentees) complement the supervisory support they will receive from their institution-based supervisors, among other benefits.
Type: Training (mentorship)
- Applicants should be registered postgraduate students in universities in Africa
- Doctoral students
- Master’s students should have made a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) or equivalent from their undergraduate programmes
- Successful applicants will be those who possess excellent research ideas aimed at solving a problem or an innovative approach on sustainable energy, environment or climate change
- Applicants should be carrying out their research in 2019. (Please note that the research may be a new or ongoing research, however, priority will be given to research projects that are at their early stages). Also note that students whose research programme extend beyond 2019 are also eligible to apply and could be considered for extension till the completion of their research.
- Applications are welcome from students in any discipline (Technology, Sciences, Arts, Law, Social Sciences, Environmental Design and Management, Agriculture, Health Sciences, ICT, among others) provided their research are on sustainable energy, environment or climate change-based topics.
In addition to the conventional research topics (such as energy access, renewable energy policy), innovative and non-conventional research topics such as climate photography, environmental journalism, among others, will be of special interest.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- Participation in a six (6)-session webinar training, on sustainable energy, environment and climate change (including soft skills), to be hosted by the Copenhagen Centre on Energy Efficiency (C2E2), a joint initiative of the Danish Government, the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the Technical University of Denmark (DTU).
- admission into a one-year one-to-one mentoring relationship on your research with an experienced researcher or professional (with expertise in your area of research) from world-class organisations such as the World Bank, Harvard University, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), Chatham House, and International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) among other international institutions and organisations.
- Support by a mentor to structure your research to be innovative, problem-solving, practice-oriented, and carried out to meet global standards
- Support by ISNAD-Africa to communicate your research findings to relevant stakeholders in the global community, hence, creating more visibility for your research work and career opportunities
- Support (including funding) to implement a self-proposed Environmental Education Outreach in your locality
How to Apply: Qualified and interested applicants are invited to complete the online application here.
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying