International Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition 2020 for Secondary/University Students ($700 Prize+More)
The Qualification Round 2020 of the International Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition has opened! Use your skills and astronomy knowledge to win certificates, awards, and prizes.
Application Deadline: 17th April 2020
Eligible Countries: All
About the Award: The International Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition gives you the unique opportunity to show your knowledge and astronomy skills! The IAAC is the biggest online astronomy competition for students from all countries. Win awards and cash prizes worth over 700 USD or become official IAAC ambassador in your country!
- You have to be a high-school or university student to participate in IAAC 2020. Students from all grades and all countries are invited to participate!
- There are two age categories:
- Junior: under 18 years on 17. April 2020.
- Youth: over 18 years on 17. April 2020.
1. Qualification Round: The qualification round 2020 consists of five astronomy problems and you can submit your solutions online until 17. April 2020. All participants receive certificates.
2. Pre-Final Round: Successful participants can register for the pre-final round: You have one week to solve the ten challenging problems of the pre-final round.
3. Final Round: Successful finalists can participate in the final round: You will take a supervised exam of 60 minutes. The winners receive certificates and cash prizes worth over 700 USD. Selection:
Value of Award: Successful participants receive many certificates, awards, cash prizes, and honours:
- All Participants: Official Participation Certificate
- All Finalists: Gold, Silver, Bronze Honour
- 1. Prize: 200 USD Cash Prize, Special 1. Prize Certificate
- 2. Prize: 150 USD Cash Prize, Special 2. Prize Certificate
- 3. Prize: 100 USD Cash Prize, Special 3. Prize Certificate
Special Regional Awards:
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of Africa
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of Europa
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of Greater Middle East
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of South Asia
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of South East Asia
- 1, 2, 3. Regional Award of America
We understand the crucial role of teachers and schools for scientific education. Because of that, we award several school awards to honour the efforts of the teachers and the schools:
- IAAC School Award for Most Participants: This award receives the school with the most overall participants of the qualification round to honour the efforts of the teachers for encouraging students to participate in scientific competitions.
- IAAC School Award for Most Finalists: This special award receives the school with the most students that have shown outstanding performance and have participated in the pre-final and/or final round.
- IAAC School Award for Excellence: This award receives the school with many outstanding students that have achieved high results throughout the overall competition to honour the quality education in general.
How to Apply: Participate Now
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage (see link below) before applying