Apply: Delta Airlines/JA Africa National Flight Academy Ambition Program 2019
Delta Air Lines has awarded JA Africa scholarships for 10 JA students to attend the National Flight Academy(NFA) in Pensacola, FL – USA from June 30th – July 5th, 2019!
Application Deadline: 1st March 2019 by 11:59pm
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): National Flight Academy(NFA) in Pensacola, FL – USA
About the Award: The National Flight Academy is a premier STEM education institution that provides students between the ages of 12-18 years (grades 7-12) with a fully-immersive, learning adventure of a lifetime! During the NFA’s 6-day overnight program, students live aboard AMBITION, a state-of-the-art virtual aircraft carrier.
They work together to plan humanitarian missions with ultramodern, advanced technology, learn to fly in 42 networked flight simulators, eat on a mess deck, sleep in staterooms and receive mission briefings in six fully electronic ready rooms.
By working in a team squadron format, they are able to collaborate and complete missions using a variety of STEM-based concepts while facilitators and chiefs (program counselors) incorporate 21st Century Core Competency Skills like leadership, communication, and critical thinking.
Eligibility: Applicant must:
1. Be between the ages of 12-18years*Students graduating from secondary school/high school in spring/summer 2019 are not eligible to apply.
2. Be a current or past participant of a JA program
3. Have an interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) and in learning more about the aviation industry
4. Currently have a passport and US visa OR have the ability to obtain a passport or US visa by May 2019 without any issue
5. Be able to cover all costs related to participation in the program, that are not covered by the scholarship
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The Delta scholarship ONLY COVERS TUITION for the National Flight Academy Program. If you are selected to participate in this program, you will be responsible for covering your airfare to and from the USA, visa fees, airport transfers, extra meals etc.
Duration of Programme: June 30th – July 5th, 2019.
How to Apply: If you meet the above criteria, apply by following these steps:
- Discuss this competition with your parent/guardian and get their approval to proceed with the application
- Complete the application form in the Link below
- Tell us why you would like to participate in the program and why you should be selected via:
Option 1: A one-page essay (no-more than 500 words; include your name, age and school)
Option 2: A one-minute video (be sure to mention your name, age and school)
You can upload your essay or video at the bottom of the application form.
Only the first 30 applications will be considered.