AfDB Next African Global IT Leaders Program 2019 – (Fully-funded Masters in S.Korea)
The African Development Institute of the African Development Bank is implementing the next African Global IT Leaders Programme under the aegis of the Korea-Africa Economic Cooperation (KOAFEC) Knowledge Sharing Programme (KSP)
Application Deadline: 9th April, 2019 (1700 hrs Seoul time).
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): South Korea
About the Award: The objective of the programme is to create across the African continent a critical mass of global IT experts: highly trained professionals in ICT.
The secondary objective of the programme is to expose mid-career professionals in African countries to the latest techniques and knowledge available through graduate studies at higher educational institutions in Korea. Upon completion of their studies, the scholars are expected to return to their home countries to apply and disseminate their newly acquired knowledge and skills to enhance the development of their countries.
Eligibility: The rigorous student selection focuses on employees working in the field of ICT in public and private sector in the Bank’s regional member countries.
Applicants should additionally have the following qualifications:
1. A certified Bachelors degree in an IT-related area
2. A certificate of English proficiency: TOEFL (iBT 83, PBT 560, CBT 220), IELTS 6.5, TEPS 599, TOEIC 720 or higher). These should have been taken at most two years before the deadline of the application
3. A public official, employee of public institutions or senior-level researcher at national research institutes working in IT fields (employees from private companies will not be considered)
4. Korean citizens are excluded – this also applies to Korean citizens with dual citizenship.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: KAIST scholarship recipients are generally exempt from paying tuition and fees. A monthly allowance of KRW 350,000 (for master’s level) or KRW 400,000 (for doctoral level) and National Health Insurance fees will be supported by the recipient’s advisors/departments
Duration of Programme: 2 years
How to Apply: Please apply online on https://apply.kaist.ac.kr/intergradapply before 1700 hrs on 9th April, 2019 (Seoul time).
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying