Job Opportunity: Junior Researcher at Mo Ibrahim Foundation 2019
Working as part of a small research team, the Junior Researcher contributes to the production and delivery of two of the main initiatives of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation: the Ibrahim Index of African Governance (IIAG) and the Ibrahim Forum Report, as well as other ad-hoc research work such as writing briefings, blogs and other research pieces.
Application Deadline: 24th February 2019 23:59
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): London, Marylebone
Eligibility: The ideal candidate should have:
- postgraduate degree in a relevant subject
- knowledge of the international development sector, ideally with a focus on African development and governance/public policies. Experience in the thematic areas of participation, rights, democracy, gender, environment, health, education and/or welfare will be advantageous.
- 1-2 years’ work experience, including at internship level, in a similar position. Candidates without work experience should not be deterred from applying if they are able to demonstrate their ability to learn quickly, and their inclination for research, analysis and attention to detail.
- desire to carry out and learn statistical methods/analysis and index calculation
- some experience in conducting analysis and writing and editing research reports for publication
- some experience in presenting research findings to diverse audiences.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Salary: £26,000-£28,000 depending on experience
Duration of Programme: Fulltime
How to Apply: Candidates should apply stating their current salary by sending a single page cover letter outlining your interest in the role, along with a CV, to [email protected]
- Please put your name and”Junior Researcherapplication” as the subject line of your message. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Candidates should have the right to work in the UK.
25 Things You Did Not Know About Studying In India
This One Skill Will Secure Your Future – And How To “Learn” It
Top 10 High Paying IT Certifications for 2020