How to Win the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship in 2019/2020
Are you smart, intelligent and passionate about community development? Do you want to study at the best universities in the world for undergraduate or masters degree but cannot afford to? This video is made just for you.
Every year, the MasterCard Foundation offers fully-funded grants and scholarships to African students whose talent and promise exceed their financial resources to complete their education. The Program provides full financial, social, and academic support to Scholars. Financial support includes, but is not limited to, tuition fees, accommodation, books, and other scholastic materials.
In the words of a past MasterCard foundation scholar, “it is like getting paid to go to school”.
In this video tutorial, you will learn how to apply to win the MasterCard foundation scholarship program.
If you found this video helpful, give it a thumbs up and subscribe to our Youtube channel. Until next time thanks for watching.
Let’s look at what it takes to become a MasterCard Foundation Scholar.
- Excel academically – You must have demonstrated academic excellence under difficult circumstance. You must also demonstrate a track record of leadership, service and activity within your school and/or community.
- Come from an economically disadvantaged background – The program is designed for talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring the further education required to help realize their dreams and ambitions. You must be able to show lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue your education in your home country or elsewhere.
- Have demonstrated the will to give back to your community, country, or continent – The program seek well-rounded students who are engaged in activities beyond the classroom. Some may be directly related to your field of study, but this may also include other social, economic and political issues that you are working on and passionate about. You should be able to elaborate on your achievements both in your application for admission, and on the Scholarship application.
- Intend to return to your home country after completing your studies – The program and its’ partners are looking for students who are engaged with and passionate about issues affecting their communities, and who will take advantage of their education to better equip themselves with the knowledge and training to address these issues upon return. While important work can be done from abroad, the intention of this Program is to enable Scholars to return home, after forming valuable professional connections through internship and job placements.
If you meet all of these criteria, follow these steps before you apply for the program.
- Carefully research the Program website of the university of your choice to learn the specific details about eligibility criteria, requirements, deadlines, and other application instructions.
- Select the institution and program you want to apply to. While there is no limit to the number of schools you can apply to, it is important to note that it takes a great deal of effort to complete an application package. So be sure to stay your application process early.
- Prepare the necessary documents to submit. Each institution requires different types of documents as part of the application process.
- If applicable, take the required tests a few months before starting your application. Before being considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, every applicant must first meet the admissions requirements of the university. For some partners, tests like the SAT and/or TOEFL or IELTS are part of the standard requirements for all international students. Other university partners do not require these to be completed.
- Ask for references. Most universities will require recommendation letters. Before you apply, ask someone who knows you well, such as your teacher, mentor, or community leader, to support you with this step.
- Take note of the deadline and avoid waiting until the last day to submit your application. Check your application package to make sure that you have submitted all the required documents. A late or incomplete application will not be considered for the Scholars Program.
When applying for the scholarship program keep in mind the personality that makes a MasterCard Foundation Scholar as previously mentioned in this video. And make sure to reflect this throughout your application.
Once you have done everything you need to do and have submitted your application, hope for the best. You could just be the next person to be paid in full for going to school.
Watch Interesting Videos from Our Channel
Studying in South Africa Vs UK - Which is better? Study Abroad Comparison
Studying in UK Vs Italy Which Is Better? Study Abroad Comparison
Is It Too Late To Change Career at 27?