Ms. Geek Africa 2019 for Young African Women in ICT
THIS YEAR, Girls in ICT Rwanda Celebrate the 6th anniversary of Ms. Geek in Africa, the third edition of Geek Africa in partnership with Smart Africa to solve the continent’s challenges using technology.
Application Deadline: 31st March, 2019 at 5pm (CAT).
Eligible Countries: African countries
About the Award: The experience provides young women with opportunities to compete and collaborate with others in the world.
Top 10 finalists undergoes a weeklong intensive training program to equip them with presentation, speaking and critical thinking skills to prepare them for competition day.
Last year, the second Ms. Geek Africa, Salissou Hassane Yari Latifa from Niger was crowned during the annual Transform Africa Summit.
Type: Training, Contest
- Female between ages of 15 and 23 years old
- Citizen of African Union Member States
- Contestants must be available in Rwanda between April 30th and May 10th, 2019 for training and Transform Africa Summit
- Your application must describe what you are trying to do.
- Your solution must be original or an improvement to existing solutions.
- You must consider many Africans have limited access to the internet / smart devices.
- A graphical presentation to accompany a concept note, demonstrating how the solution will work and an example of its user interface
Selection: The best solutions will be selected to participate in the finals. Finals include a weeklong training, followed by two rounds of presentation where the top 3 will be chosen and Ms. Geek Africa 2019 crowned during the closing events of the summit.
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award: Ms. Geek Africa receives a cash prize, a tablet, a laptop, a trip to an international technology conference, among others. All expenses are covered for all selected finalists.
How to Apply:
- Submit solution to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications must be submitted in English or French.
- Name the submitted application in this format: YOUR NAME-COUNTRY
- Deadline for submission is March 31st, 2019 at 5pm (CAT). There shall be NO EXCEPTIONS.
- If you have questions, please contact on twitter @GirlsInICTRW or Facebook Page “Girls in Rwanda ICT.” More information at www.girlsinict.rw and smartafrica.org.